PDA

View Full Version : NERC or LATCC

Minesapint
19th Dec 2002, 21:09
Seems to me that 'morale' seems to be pretty good at Swanwick - outside of the ops room.

1. Would operational ATC staff prefer NERC or LATCC?

2. Why so glum?
:)

Fallows
22nd Dec 2002, 07:34
Swanwick wins hands down in my opinion. Nice area, friendly locals, cheaper housing, I like our new roster, I can get to work without thinking about traffic problems. On a professional level, it is all the same with NATS no matter where you work however rural Hampshire makes it a lot easier than living in South West London.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
22nd Dec 2002, 07:45
Hey Fallows...... you're not dealing with the REAL issue.. ie does NERC have a totally fantastic Chinese takeaway right outside the front door!!

Airline Tycoon
22nd Dec 2002, 21:13
Yes Director it's got the best Chinese Restaurant in the country,

Kam's Palace!

POMPI
23rd Dec 2002, 08:45
... And it's the most expensive !, by the way have you seen the S500 Merc parked outside sometimes, with the number plate KAM5 ?

The Indian takeaway isn't bad either, bit of a trek, but the Motorola's just about reach there for any last minute changes to order !.

The Sad ATCO
25th Dec 2002, 15:45
Its no competition. Restaurants mean nothing. What's more important is the general environment.

We TC types at West Drayton have a much better collection of abandoned and half burnt-out cars within a 500m radius than you posh lot down south. Mr Kam's Merc has nothing on the 12 yr old Orion with no wheels and half a couch in it that we get to see.

:D

I think that West Drayton also has the highest proportion of shell-suit clad, baseball cap-wearing spotty teenagers hanging round outside the shops. Bet you can't beat that down at your Ivory Tower in deepest Hants!!

Long live the Sipson Tandoori.