PDA

View Full Version : The FIRST Great t'North PPRuNe Fly-in

long final
10th Dec 2002, 15:41
Considering some of the comments on the other fly-in thread, someone suggested a Northern based event - and someone had to start the thread - so here it is. Do we have any takers??

Regards,

LF

LowNSlow
10th Dec 2002, 15:49
I'd love to fly into Elvington and see Friday the 13th plus all the stuff I've heard they've done since my last visit 4 years ago.

Is there somebody here who knows somebody at Elvington? I'd love to get inside Friday as my dad was a F/E on the original. It was all locked up last time I was there with my dad :(

PFLsAgain
10th Dec 2002, 17:16
How about Sandtoft? Closest I can get to my roots since they've shut Doncaster. :(

Capt BK
10th Dec 2002, 21:56
I'd certainly be interested in anything northern.

Would put my first vote for Elvington as I was planning on popping in next year after my ATPLs to enquire about restoration or fire fighting. It's not far for me to fly as i'm only based at Humberside but it would be my first fly-in!

If you cant land on Elvingtons monster of a runway you wont be able to land anywhere!

knobbygb
11th Dec 2002, 07:32
Either will suit me too. Both are nearly within walking distance of home base (well, a very long walk), but as it'd be my first fly in that would be ideal. My calendar is free all next year at the moment.

FlyingForFun
11th Dec 2002, 08:07
It's been a while since I've done a decent-length trip, so put me down for a probably, so long as the date is good of course. I don't know anywhere north of Birmingham, so I'll just go with others' recommendations!

But please pick a day when the weather's going to be good, because I won't be flying a couple of hundred miles in marginal weather!

FFF
---------------

long final
11th Dec 2002, 13:06
Ideas so far, from here and the other thread read Sherburn, Sandtoft and Elvington (although I thought that it was closed - please correct me if I am wrong) Sherburn would get my vote simply because its as smack in the middle as we could get

As for a date, how does Sun 27 April sound?

Regards,
LF

BRL
11th Dec 2002, 13:36
I think April 27th is too close to the one on the 5th. Why not have it late May or June?????

long final
11th Dec 2002, 14:16
Hmmm. Good point, but, I started the thread because a few people said they would not be able to get to the other fly-in due to the distance, etc. The idea was to see if there were enough who wanted to go to a closer Northern field instead, not necessarily as well as.

I also suspected that there would be another 'summer' fly-in organised, and that more Northerners may be better able to get to it due the improved weather, so either way there may be a clash of sorts.

Any more opinions re. dates?

LF

knobbygb
11th Dec 2002, 17:43
Quite right, long final. Is supect BRL is just scared of us stealing too many of 'his' people ;)

If April's too early - perhaps the weekend after (3rd/4th/5th May (Bank Hol 5th)) or the week after that? Why wait too long? The sooner we do it, the more time we have to re-arrange it when the weather spoils it.

Whirlybird
11th Dec 2002, 21:25
Those of us who live in and/or fly from the Midlands can easily make both, but two fly-ins in a month is a bit much. I'd suggest late May; that still leaves most of the summer free for more fly-ins or whatever.

Genghis the Engineer
11th Dec 2002, 21:35
Early May would clash with the Popham microlight show, and effectively eliminate anybody who flies little jobs. Late May/June would be more sensible.

I think Sandtoft is wonderful, but would love a chance to look around the museum at Elvington, so either or for me.

G

BRL
12th Dec 2002, 13:01
Quite right, long final. Is supect BRL is just scared of us stealing too many of 'his' people

SUSSED :eek: :eek: Shame on me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

javelin
15th Dec 2002, 15:20
Why not Bagby International - give Commander Dundon a call on 01845 597385 - he has ample grass, food, booze, clear airspace, service with a snarl, what more could you want - an excellent Yarksha venue ! Might even come myself :D