PDA

View Full Version : Any owners of AVCOMM AC200 Headset?

propjockey
29th Nov 2002, 13:51
All,

does anyone on the ppruners group here own and use one of these cheaper priced headsets?

I was thinking of buying one - I am a low hours student so nothing flash needed as long as it works OK and the quality of the audio does not act as a detriment to safe ops!

any feedback on these units appreciated

regards

Simon

2WingsOnMyWagon
29th Nov 2002, 15:15
I used the AC200 when I did my PPL. There not bad for the money. sound qualitys okay and should last if you look after them. What I would say is that they are not very comfy if worn for long periods of time, I found that they pinched my ears abit after a couple of hours.

Mike Cross
1st Dec 2002, 21:31
I've had one for several years - no problems at all.
It's worth spending 10 minutes or so playing with all of the adjustments to get it set up to fit your head.

Mike

Aerobatic Flyer
2nd Dec 2002, 11:40
I have one. Sound quality is fine, as is sound-deadening. It does pinch a bit, but it doesn't fall off during aerobatics.

Only problem I've had is the little screws that hold the ear cups onto the headband. They're forever coming loose......

Circuit Basher
4th Dec 2002, 13:00
propjockey - nothing against Avcomm Ac200 - not sure what price you're talking about. Just received a monthly sale leaflet from a company called CPC (http://www.cpc.co.uk) [Sorry, BRL - not trying to advertise, honest!!] offering aviation headsets for £52.40 + VAT = £61.57. I bought one of these sets around 5 years ago and it's still going strong. Looks and feels like a DC without the price tag (except for chrome plated rather than gold plated jacks). No problems with compatibility and a good second / pax headset as far as I'm concerned.

propjockey
5th Dec 2002, 15:03
these look OK

I will order a pair and see what they look like

at 60 quid thats not band and comparable with the US Avcomm ones at 50 plus post.

thanks for the tip CB!

regards

Simon:)

a pilot
7th Dec 2002, 02:29
AVCOMM 200 GOES FOR ABOUT 85$ USA,LESS THAN DOUBLE YOU CAN GET A BIT BETTER AVCOMMS,SOFTCOMMS WITH PUSH TO TALK AND SOME WITH CELLPHONE CONNECTION,GCA SELLS PELTOR 8007 FOR 149 USA,SEARCH EBAY,GOOD HEADSETS ARE VERY IMPORTANT,LV THE AC 200 FOR BACKUP AND SPEND MORE...