PDA

View Full Version : First 100 hours

Mariner9
25th Nov 2002, 15:05
Passed the magic 100 hour (total time) mark this weekend, almost 2 years to the day since my 1st lesson (Nov 26)

How long did it take you guys to get there? (or how long do you estimate it will be for those not there yet?)

englishal
25th Nov 2002, 15:11
An old saying...

100 hours you think you know it all
1000 hours you know you know it all
10,000 hours you know you'll never know it all :D

Seriously though, it took me 100 hours to get there:D

EA;)

[PS a year]

Mariner9
25th Nov 2002, 16:06
LOL EA, I suppose I should have phrased the question better!

OK....biting pencil...hmmm

How long.....no

err How many...no

Oh sod it, the original phraseology will have to do :D

Dusty_B
25th Nov 2002, 22:53
My first 'logged' hour was during my Flying Scholarship in July 1995. By 1999, I had done 120hrs, of which just 18 was P1.

Then there was a gap of two years between flying (apart from a brief forray into paragliding, which quite franckly scared the willies out of me)... :(

And last August I jumped back into the cockpit again to do my PPL. In the following 12 months I managed 60hours, 50 of which were P1, thanks to the purchase of a share in the 'other woman' :)

I am now just an hour away from 100hrs P1. :D :D

Hopefully by the end of the weekend I will thinnk I know it all.:p

FlyingForFun
26th Nov 2002, 08:32
I've been at the stage of thinking I know it all for nearly a year now. I reached 100 hours last December, 16 months after logging my first hour. (In fact, I'm sure I thought I knew it all before I had 100 hours! :D)

My 100-hour flight was a mountain-flying checkout - 3.4 hours in a PA18 (including 2 land-aways without stopping the engine), and the only flight I've done so far when my bum hurt at the end of the flight! I love the PA18, and as long as you've got the patience to organise your kneeboard and chart properly, and you're not in a rush, it's great for reasonable-length cross countries. But 3.4 hours is just a little too long to sit on those hard seats with no room to stretch! Fortunately, it's also on the limit of the PA18's fuel capacity!

Ah, memories! Hopefully lots more of those to come... But it was nice to have a landmark flight like passing the 100-hour mark coincide with a great experience like mountain-flying.

FFF
--------------