PDA

View Full Version : Is this a familiar story ?

Safe
22nd Nov 2002, 17:24
GOOD NEWS

Sat 9th. Nov. First solo (now I can think seriously about getting into flying)

BAD NEWS

Mon. 11th. Nov. redundancy notice (now I,d better think seriously about getting out of flying)

28thJuly2001
22nd Nov 2002, 18:29
Ouch!!!!!!

28th,,

martinbakerfanclub
22nd Nov 2002, 19:21
Sorry to hear that friend.

Hope you find the means to keep in there somehow....UK PPL community badly needs new blood.

Again, good luck with the future.

MBFC

Thirty06
22nd Nov 2002, 20:41
Altogether too familiar.

First lesson 23/3/02 redundant 21/4/02...

Flight skills test passed 24/9/02

Now I really can't afford to fly or for that matter eat...

Sod it, I Shall Return !

Thirty06

Wonko The Sane
23rd Nov 2002, 14:30
Very familiar story.

I'm just about to put my lessons on hold until I get another job. Mind you, with the way the weather's been recently, I'm more likely to get a job before I get airborne again anyway.

knobbygb
23rd Nov 2002, 14:53
Same here - first solo 7pm on the Sunday, unemployed by 10am Monday. Didn't fly for 6 months after that. :(

For what it's worth, I really wish now I'd gone into debt to continue the lessons. When I got another job I had no time to fly. I should have flown every day while unemployed instead of sitting around at home for all of July and August, and paid for it later.

Get a credit card that is interest free for the first nine months and learn on that. I believe Tesco, Virgin and Egg all have an offer at the moment.

rustle
23rd Nov 2002, 15:35
Safe, that is bad news :(

Don't know where you fly/flew from, but there's bound to be hour-builders and others happy for company at your club - okay it isn't LHS, but it's still airborne :)