PDA

View Full Version : New PPL Online Study Course

Squak2002
15th Nov 2002, 17:34
Hello,

I am writing in relation a feasibility study into a new Internet based Study course.

Once registered, the student will receive study guides and will be able to access online study lectures and it’s possible to take online Exams in order to improve techniques.

The site is run by fully qualifies JAR ATPL instructors who are extremely helpful.

I would appreciate any information and opinions from everyone. Its due to start early next year.

Regards,
John

Jagbag
16th Nov 2002, 12:05
I think its a great idea, only, would it be acceptable to the CAA?

All the same a busy professional would definitely consider it useful. When you have all kinds of degrees being imparted on line why not PPL preparation?

Tigerformation
18th Nov 2002, 14:19
Good idea, why not, I mean after all we PPL students don't always have all the time in the world to just 'pop' down the airfield for some groundschool.

Its nice that people think of things like this, very much a time-saving idea. You would have to pass it with the CAA would you not? Or maybe if it is just a private thing and you put a disclaimer on it then it could pass by as just some private thing.

Good work!

FlyingForFun
18th Nov 2002, 14:26
I'm not sure that the CAA would care. There is no requirement to follow an approved course for the PPL written exams, you just do whatever you need to do to pass. So no need for CAA approval.

(If it was ATPL or CPL exams, it would be different - you need to follow an approved course for these, so the course would need to be approved unless it was intended to supplement an approved course.)

FFF
--------------

Julian
19th Nov 2002, 09:22
FFF is right, your Gran can teach you for all the CAA care as long as you get through the exams.

Once you decide to go above the humble PPL is when you have to start looking at recognised courses and shelling out more money.