PDA

View Full Version : yak 52 groups- Hampshire

halty
14th Nov 2002, 23:55
Hi,
i will be relocating to Hampshire early next year and wondered if anyone knows of a Yak 52 group in the area or failing that, any info on flying groups or clubs in that area would be very welcome. many thanks.

paulc
15th Nov 2002, 06:34
Halty,

there are a couple of Yak 52's based at Popham (near Basingstoke) and there is also one based at Lee-on-Solent.

Genghis the Engineer
16th Nov 2002, 08:28
Echoing PaulC, Popham is the centre of syndicate activity here in Hampshire. The vast majority of vacancies get advertised on the note-board in the clubhouse and your best bet is to find an hour when you're in the area to go and peruse it over a coffee.

There is definitely at-least one Yak-52 syndicate at Popham, but I've no idea about vacancies on it. If there isn't, you can reasonably assume that there will be vacancies on something interesting going here.

G

halty
17th Nov 2002, 22:02
Thanks for the info, i'll call into popham next month and have a look around, many thanks

Circuit Basher
19th Nov 2002, 06:58
Just to open the field a bit, at Compton Abbas, (which isn't necessarily too far, depending on which bit of Hants you're in), there are 3 Yaks based there - I believe it's one 52 and two 50's, but that may have changed in the last couple of years since I moved from Dorset. If you were interested, I could put you in touch with a guy who was a member of a Yak syndicate at Compton.

Census boy
19th Nov 2002, 15:31
halty,

There's a seventh share going in a Yak 52 at Lee on Solent at the moment. It's £6000 for the share,50 pcm and £40 dry. I can give you a number to contact if you are interested ?

tacpot
28th Nov 2002, 19:55
Have a friend who is selling his share in a Yak-52 at Popham - have sent you a private message with his contact details.

halty
30th Nov 2002, 22:42
Hi Census boy
please could you e-mail me the contact details about the yak share at Lee on Solent, i've been away so only just got your reply. many thanks, halty

Flash0710
1st Dec 2002, 20:34
Make Sure you fly with Gennady Elfimov at Hapenney Business intergalactic spaceport

Interesting info on http://www.sktytrace.co.uk

Mutts Nuts.!