PDA

View Full Version : Eurocontrol Second Stage

NickM
14th Nov 2002, 19:48
Recently received a letter from Eurocontrol inviting me back for the second stage interviews in December. I've trawled through the search facility to find little information about Eurocontrol's second selection stage, just a load of old NATS!
So I was wondering if some kind and generous person could answer a few queries.
Can anyone tell me the type of questions the interview board might ask? What stock answers would you recomend I have ready?
Will I need to brush up on my mental arimetic for the Flight Planning Excercise?
I'm sure there are others who are waiting for their second stage interviews so any information would be gratefully appreciated.
Cheers,

MinimumRest
16th Nov 2002, 16:24
Hi Nick,

I promise I will send you my mate's number/e-mail address really soon, sorry it's taken me a while, I've been eating my tea!! :D

Speak to ya soon,

M XxX

brown trousers
18th Nov 2002, 18:11
Check your private messages.

BT....

kilojuliet
24th Nov 2002, 11:52
Are you going for ATCO selection tests or CFMU? Never heard of any flight planning exercise but then I guess it's changed a lot since I did it when Eurocontrol outsourced their selection programme to a company in Hamburg.

We had no second stage at all, just one enormous week (P*** up) selection in Hamburg. All I can remember was the farce of the Medical exam. They gave us a map of Hamburg and addresses to the various eye doctors, physicians, psycologists and KGB agents that we had to go and see. It was all a bit of a race against time travelling around all these places in one days getting bits of paper signed by various people, lights flashed in your eyes and sensors stuck all over your body while they make you peddle like a C*** on an exercise bike!!!!!! In the end, most of us had to take the "**** test" for a second time due to large amounts of vodka found in our urine. I guess it had something to do with the Reaper Barn and World Cup 98!!!!

Have a good answer ready for the infamous question "Why do you want to be an ATCO?" and definitely brush up on your mental arithmetic.

Other than that it's all a fairly new method of selection. +/- the last 2 years or so, I'll have to check with some of the students currently in the ops room.

WX Man
26th Nov 2002, 10:48
Min.Rest... would I know that certain mate of yours in Maastricht? And how are you? And when are you coming to visit?

MinimumRest
28th Nov 2002, 12:17
Hi honey, working like a dog over Christmas taking kids on day trips to Lapland (nice) so will have to be early 2003 before I move down to Bournemouth! How's it going anyway?

MR XxX