PDA

View Full Version : Stanstead Runway orientation

Brookmans Park
6th Nov 2002, 19:17
Can anyone explain to me why it the decision was taken to change to Rwy 05 this am when the wind was 330/<04 kts,
iIfeel, as a pilot, that as a rule of thumb any 05 operation adds at least 5 mins to every in or outbound sector and would love to hear the rationale from your end?

also, like most of my colleagues, I would like to meet the face behind the voice, does anyone fancy an XMAS "Stanbash"?
I am not suggesting that it should have to be on the same lines as the gatbash, but perhaps just an informal rendezvous at a local pub both lunchtime and evening on 2 or 3 days to enable the maximum number of people to get together, I am sure it would be of great value to all of us

Go Around
7th Nov 2002, 22:11
Could it have had something to do with the 13 knot plus tailwind we experienced on final until they went to 5....?

Unwell_Raptor
7th Nov 2002, 22:30
I was worried about the header to this thread when I first saw it.

Stansted Runways? Orientation?

I always thought they were totally straight.

Ichabod
10th Nov 2002, 22:51
Definetly like the idea of getting to know a few faces before Xmas. Don't think it will be too hard to drag a few bods out for a few pints (on days off, of course) ;)

Drop me a line if you have an idea about dates??

Stan Sted
14th Nov 2002, 08:39
A StanBash? What a good idea. The A*h would be the ideal meeting place, but I would not like to take my custom there after the trouble we had over finances following the A*hbash in 2000.

Any thoughts on venue?

cheers SS

Ichabod
14th Nov 2002, 10:05
The Ash sounds as good a place as any (or you could try The Lion and Lamb, at Takley A120). Might even be able to persuade one or two of those moles working at TC to appear out in daylight:D

Any ideas about a good date and time? Suggest the 10th or 11th of December, late afternoon, early evening??

Stan Sted
14th Nov 2002, 13:53
Too close to the Gatbash for me, besides, The A*h is still a banned word among certain veteran PPRuNers.