PDA

View Full Version : New to the site!

EnglishmaninNY
5th Nov 2002, 22:11
Hi all

Been browsing PPRuNe for while now (usually when I am supposed to be working) and decided it was definetely time to sign up, so here I am! I am british, but also a US citizen, and I moved to the US in August 2001 to pursue an aviation career. Just wanted to know if there are any other british private pilots living out here in the USA? Or if anyone's thinking about coming out to live or to train, let me know if I can give you any advice / answer any questions.

Feels good to be part of the PPRuNe family at last ! :)

Cheers

David

Select Zone Five
5th Nov 2002, 22:48
Hiya EnglishmaninNY and welcome to PPRuNe! :D I can't wait to do some flying in the USA but it's gonna have to wait for a few months whilst I get my ATPL theory done! :rolleyes:

I'm looking at hour building in NV, AZ or Southern CA when I do come over. I love that area of the States but I fear I will not want to come back!

SZF

EnglishmaninNY
5th Nov 2002, 23:01
SFZ

Thanks for the reply! Best of luck with your ATPL theory. And I'm sure you'll have a blast hour building in the USA. I was in Southern CA in June, and had a fantastic time. Flying in the NE is somewhat similar to the UK, and CA was a nice contrast - especially as it's ridiculously cheap to hour build. I notice you're from London; I'm from Kensington. I love the US, but I'd kill for a cold pint of decent beer back at my local! :D

28thJuly2001
6th Nov 2002, 15:22
COLD BEER,
You have been away far too long,
All British beer is best served at room temperature with a packet of pork scratchings and a buxom serving wench to leer at. :D

28th,,

Select Zone Five
6th Nov 2002, 15:42
I very quickly adapt to the standard of living in the US and frankly, bankable weather is obviously a MAJOR plus. I wanted to go flying this week but have yet to get a day when the rain is not flying in sideways! :rolleyes:

I also find myself going off pints of beer and instead favouring bottled beers, Bud, Corona and the like! So I don't think I'd miss that either!

Although I do still hanker for home when I'm in the US....as easy as it is to live there, it sometimes just gets too weird and I start to miss the relative calm of the UK! :D