PDA

View Full Version : airfields in france

scubawasp
30th Oct 2002, 14:20
Has anyone had experience or know people who have set up and airfield/ airstrip in france? Are there any useful sites, or people to contact out there who have done this before?

bottieburp
31st Oct 2002, 14:54
What a contrast between France and England - lots of strips here. However, you struggle to find any small private strips in France.

I was told - how reliably remains to be read here? - that the French do not encourage private strips.

Here of course you can just set one up and operate within the 28-day rule. I am told that there you have to prove a specific requirement.

I will watch this thread develop with interest because I would like to buy a cheeeeep house in France and put a strip in if it were possible.

BB

Hersham Boy
31st Oct 2002, 17:04
Me, too - re. buying and putting a strip in.

On that note - how many of you out there would be interested in hiring a place that had close airstrip access?

Hersh

skydriller
31st Oct 2002, 17:22
Scubawasp,

Your post caught my eye and also sparked my interest, so I asked around at my local Aeroclub.
The general consensus was that it depends what you want to fly/operate. If you are wanting to operate a ULM privately then no official permission is required, just find a strip of land and off you go, if you really want to you can use your garden etc. However if you want to operate an Aeroplane then you definitely need to talk to the local DGAC (French CAA) office in the region of your proposed airstrip and officially ask for their permission to operate your private airstrip and outline the number of movements per year etc. Private airstrips do exist here and as long as the movements are minimal and it is not located in a controlled airspace environment (class A-D or Restricted/Prohibited Area) well.....maybe....and thats where the famous gallic shrug came into the conversation....(insert shrugging smiley here...:D :D )

Sorry the above isnt official and probably doesnt help too much, I have noticed there are a couple of french guys that post on here sometimes, maybe they know somthing more specific, or perhaps you could try the French Forum too.

Regards, SD..

jcharlton
11th Oct 2006, 21:43
Does anyone know of a gite/cottage etc that one can rent for a couple of weeks that has its own or very nearby air strip / farm strip. I could take my Skyranger and the family enjoy the sun. As it would be the first time across the water....northernish france. Thanks