PDA

View Full Version : OJTI Bonus paid twice ?

Roger That
29th Oct 2002, 19:29
I hear that our learned friends in Employee Payments have paid us twice what we should have been paid (although only a fraction of what we're worth :D:D:D) for our OJTI bonus this month.

I guess we'll have to give it back but surely they can wait until December 2003 like we'll have to for our last pay element ;) ;) ;)

RT

NudgingSteel
29th Oct 2002, 22:29
Please tell me this isn't true..........cos I've already spent it!

controller friendly
29th Oct 2002, 22:54
Surely it is nearly worth twice what we usually get as there are 9 months of back pay on it( given that it isn't very much anyway!!)
:confused:
I got roughly what i was expecting and i don't wanna give any back!!:rolleyes:

Undercover
30th Oct 2002, 13:01
Got more money than you were owed this month?? poor guys!!! :rolleyes:

And I'm sure if the EP dept. messed up and UNDER-paid you next month you'd be happy to wait till Dec 2003 to set it right!!!

Thought not! :D

FWA NATCA
30th Oct 2002, 13:41
In the US we get 10% while providing instruction (OJT), I'm curious what my European Brothers receive.

Mike

A Nonny Mouse
30th Oct 2002, 14:47
Lucky sods!

Rumour has it that at a certain Inner london airport the poor OJTIs didn't receive the payment at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if they will refund the interest on the payment next month (mind you interest on not much = not much)

BALIX
30th Oct 2002, 17:28
The sum involved is about £240 I believe (after tax). This covers three months OJT duties but is only paid if certain targets are reached. However, it doesn't matter whether you have had twenty OJT duties or just a couple, you still get the dosh. Oh and FWA NATCA, that works out at around three percent for a top of the scale ATCO. At least I think it does, I've no doubt someone can quote the exact figures.

Looks as though next month's pay will be £240 lighter than normal. Nothing but an orange in the children's Christmas stocking this year then ;) ;) ;)

Nogbad the Bad
30th Oct 2002, 17:43
They can take back what's owing to them from me...I have no problem with that.........

.....at 50p per month !!!!!

Data Dad
31st Oct 2002, 10:10
Ummmmmm....

(un)fortunately (dont know which of the 2 it is :D), just checked my pay slip and it appears to be the correct amount ....

£240! I should be so lucky :D after tax/NI/etc and top of my scale = approx £165 :(

DD

Tower Ranger
2nd Nov 2002, 17:51
Couple of hundred quid a month?
We train more or less continually for the princely sum of £500 per year before tax.
But at least its paid this month, guess its better than nothing.

BALIX
2nd Nov 2002, 19:01
Couple of hundred quid a month?

Nope, not a month, it gets paid every three months. The exact figure for me was £231 BTW. I got a letter telling me so. It said that if I had any problem with them reclaiming it next month, I could discuss it with the HR lady.

Urgh! Don't want to be seen fratanising with HR. I guess they can have it back next month...

j17
2nd Nov 2002, 21:08
If you need the the money by all means train ,if you don,t ,give in your ojti ticket and stop moaning about how much you get paid fo training.As most ojti,s are at or near the the top of the atcoII scale the money paid is not really at issue. The issue is ,Just stop training, without the the need for a training ban and all the Idustrial implications that may invovle then negotiate for a decent increase for training payments. You only have to say NO.

eastern wiseguy
2nd Nov 2002, 22:03
j17 ....just be aware that NOT EVERYONE in this organisation who trains is "at or near the top of the Atco 2 scale" As an airport atco I am at the top of the 3 scale ...a bit of a difference.As far as not training is concerned I believe we should be paid more for it but on a personal level I actually enjoy passing on my bad habits!!:D :D

2 six 4
3rd Nov 2002, 00:38
J17. If I can pass on a little experience from a few decades doing this job. Just not doing it is a nice idea. A bit like kids saying I won't eat my vegetables. In the end you will screw yourself and your colleagues.

In the dim and distant past (1980s) we were short of ATCOs. It took us over 10 years to get back to a decent number of useful ATCOs on sector. You may not have noticed but some major units are really short now. Screw this up and you will live with the consequences for a long time.

Shortages in future may well mean nice Irish colleagues or Danes (blonde ladies please) taking our jobs beside us. It may also mean we give away airspace and even centres to other countries who have spare capacity.

By all means put pressure on to get a fair reward for a really difficult task but don't screw yourself in the process.

Ahh-40612
3rd Nov 2002, 16:47
For what it's worth -just to get back to the original topic!- I received about £6 more gross this month as OJTI payment compared to August 1st.

The recent comments are about the inevitability of it all -
the more cannon fodder we can train now will hopefully mean the early retirement scheme will still be around when we need to bail out. Can't wait.

And yes, of course the level of the payments are DERISORY when compared to Training captains etc.

j17
3rd Nov 2002, 20:07
Having been in this job for nearly 30 years, there has always been staff shortages, there still is at the major unit where I work,and I am not having a go at anybody for training somebody.

The point I am trying to raise is, that if we as ojti,s continue to accecpt the pittance we are paid for training ( thats your license and career on the line not your trainees) Nats will make no endeavour to increase your training pay.Lets impose flow restrictions, shut down sectors, until the the airlines of which some are our owners start to complain about the lack of cotrollers and the reasons why.Like the airlines do , pay the training staff a monthly payment for the task and not as we get a quartly bonus payment.

Finally, what does Nats acheive by bringing controllers in from another country if there is nobody to train them