PDA

View Full Version : Carn't Wait

Airbus.De
17th Oct 2002, 17:27
I am an Airbus Aircraft Electrician and at present based in Hamburg on the FAL I expect to be here for at least another year but want to learn to fly Today.

The problem I have here is that I can not find a school that will teach ground school in English so I will have to wait until I return to the UK.
UNLESS

Do you know of a Way I can Over come this or of an English teaching ground school in Hamburg.

If not what can I do in the mean time is there a distance learning course I can do for the ground school and then maybe return to the UK for a Couple of weeks for the practical.

Shall I keep practising on flight sim 2002 for now and if so what
:rolleyes:

Any advice on this for a new starter would be much appreciated

Regards
Phil

Crossedcontrols
17th Oct 2002, 18:15
If you are talking about PPL, most people don't have the ground school taught to them, they buy the books (Thom etc), then do the exams. I'd add buying the PPL confuser. Find a flying school near your home base in UK, and do the exams when back in Blighty.

CC

big.al
18th Oct 2002, 09:15
Phil -

I agree with CrossedControls - just get the books (in English!), study and take the exams. I used the Jeremy Pratt/AFE series of books and scored not less than 94% on each exam, and I'm no brain-box. I'm sure working for Airbus you'll have a head start on many of us!

I too recommend the PPL Confuser - an excellent £20 investment for practising the exams but do NOT try to use this as the only learning material, as learning the answers 'off-pat' (what does Pat know anyway..?);) won't teach you the subject.

You can order the sets of books online and have them delivered to Germany (although postage will obviously be higher than within the UK). I ordered a full PPL study pack, complete with books, plotter, flight computer, etc and it arrived within four days.

Best of luck!