PDA

View Full Version : Any hiring at Skyservice?

DDDOF
15th Oct 2002, 21:16
Anyone know if thee is going to be any pilot hiring going on at Skyservice for their winter charter program?
I heard form somewhere can't remember where, that they were going to be getting a few more Airbus 320"s.
Any truth to that one??
Thanks for the info.!!

ProfessorMCDU
16th Oct 2002, 03:44
Here's your answer...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: XXXXXXXX
Subj: RE: Airbus Pilot
Sent: October 06, 2002 11:46

Good Morning XXXXXXXX,

Right now we unfortunately are not hiring and were not sure when and if we will be any time soon. If you like you can email fax or mail me your resume and I can add it to our files. Our address is

Skyservice Airlines
6120 Midfield Road
P.O. Box 160
Toronto, AMF
Mississauga, Ontario
L5P 1B1

Fax: 905-677-3165

Thanks,

Maria

HighSpeedAluminum
22nd Oct 2002, 22:41
This ought to make some hiring necessary.
<http://www.conquestvacations.com/press/press_OCT22.html>

m&v
24th Oct 2002, 14:59
In view of people going to other 'green fields',there should be some hiring in November.Right now the beancounters have blocked any entries until the guys are planned for 85/90 hr months......:eek:

KingAir
5th Nov 2002, 17:49
Does anybody know the Chief Pilot's name (or the person we should address resumes to) for both the airline and charter/medevac side? Thanks.

skidoo_driver
6th Nov 2002, 15:36
Chief Pilot used to be a decent fellow by the name of Bob Walz (perhaps others can correct me if this is no longer the case?). He can be reached at the address ProfMCDU provided.

Winter sked is glorious with productive Caribbean turns equating to 8 - 10 (lengthy) duty days a month. Summer is a slog with long overseas pairings and/or long visits to overseas wet lease operations. Great for a single rat or if the kids are grown and have left the coop - tough on a young family. CAR's duty limitations are among the most "generous" on earth and this company, like other Canadian charter operators, exploits them to the fullest. :(

Regards,

skidoo

Jabewar
8th Nov 2002, 23:12
Any idea if interviewing has started yet. Should think it would be soon if the a/c are to arrive by Dec. sometime.

ProfessorMCDU
12th Nov 2002, 18:48
My understanding is that the new A//c's are leased and ariving with crews.

New hiring will start next summer when the leased crews go home.

Again, this is just rumour.

KingAir
12th Nov 2002, 20:37
Thanks skidoo_driver. I hear what you are saying about duty time limits. My current company is not too bad but I've talked to quite a few pilots who get exploited. What can you do when Transport doesn't see a problem. Anyway, hope things go well in the next few months. Pilot job market is quite stagnant at the moment...as you know.

m&v
14th Nov 2002, 17:22
:) Skyservice fly their guys on 14hr duty days.If the day is longer,you get an extra pilot up to 15 hrs.After 15 hr the flight is stopped enroute for a crew change.You fly to 85hr month,after which one is paid overtime.If away form home one gets$60 a dayexpenses.One is scheduled to get 10 guaranteed days of,or paid extra.Inthe 'peak'periods guys have flown up to 100hrs month(legal).
The 330(in from Europe)is crewed by Canadians.Some crews from the UK are to be used over the season as Skyservice flies the extra UK flying in their summer season(all to avoid training and layoffs)...Certain routes will be flown by 'wet lease' a/craft
(757 ex the prairies)..
Skyservice has a busy scheduled Winter season,and they will 'naturally'lose people to the O'seas jobs(emirates loves Canadians),ergo they will need to 'hire'some people in the near future..:rolleyes:

gearuplightup
18th Nov 2002, 10:46
Do Skyservice pay the abismal salary that C3 did, and if so, how do they expect to keep their staff, with so many jobs coming up in Europe?

m&v
19th Nov 2002, 22:14
The pay's not too bad considering the guys are 'home'most nights,and the summer season expenses well..Poor pay by UK standards,but not bad over here comparing stay at home Charter Co's..Besides the Euro field is swarming with out o'work guys.:)

ulamo
21st Nov 2002, 12:34
When cost of living is factored in Canadian pilots are far better off than pilots in Europe, especially the UK.
Pilots at BA earn less than regional pilots in Canada and far less than the charter guys.
Very few Canadia pilots work in Europe unless they have to.

gearuplightup
20th Dec 2002, 15:58
ulamo, I don't think you know what pilots in Euro land earn, I looked at working for C3 a couple of years ago, and at a gross salary of about 46000 can, for working very hard, two weeks leave each year, and little or no duty pay( can't remember the exact deal )
I really wanted to do it, as I love Canada, but at that kind of salary, I just could not survive, well, I could, but would be giving up too much in Euroland.
My question was more to do with the present deals avail' ie are they still the same, or was C3 a poor payer?

m&v
24th Dec 2002, 18:59
Last word is that Sky' should be hiring in the 'New Year'.The pilots leaving for the Emirates aren't to go immediately,so there is some time to Hire new crews.Talk of 'needing' 30-40 for the summer program.Right now negotiating a LOU for the B757,and present crews to fly 95-100 hrs for Jan'
Cheers,
:rolleyes: