PDA

View Full Version : Sywell Fly-In ; Come on own up!

7th Oct 2002, 15:26
A little bird told me someone turned up at Sywell 30 minutes before operning time, wondering why they weren't getting a reply from ATC as they circled overhead!

Anyone....................?

FlyingForFun
7th Oct 2002, 15:35
Hmm, I saw the thread title, and I thought you were hoping I'd own up to having the most bounces on one landing! Unfortunately, I can't hide from that one because AerBabe and MikeS were there watching!

Definitely wasn't me with the early arrival though... Cheshire Cat went the wrong way on the M4, so we set off a little late!

(Actually, we didn't set off late, we set off on time, but that's only because Cheshire Cat had the sense to leave home an hour early :D )

FFF
-------------

Select Zone Five
7th Oct 2002, 16:32
FFF

I would have explained a bouncy landing as exploiting the landing fee...you get 5 or 6 landings in but get charged for just one! :D

BRL
7th Oct 2002, 17:08
FuFu, shes a girl isn't she :D She phoned me around dinnertime and says "Hey Dude, why are you not here? Its brilliant, planes everywhere, people etc........" Talk about kick a man when hes down :rolleyes: I treated myself after that though by going out and buying a new car :) (well, its 9 months old really). Thats just over 26K I have spent this week and i couldn't even afford to get to Sywell. :rolleyes:

Who has control?
8th Oct 2002, 07:49
5150 said:-

they circled overhead

personally, I would loved to have circled overhead but the cloudbase meant that an overhead circle was called 'a circuit'

8th Oct 2002, 09:43
Thanks for that...............

Julian
9th Oct 2002, 07:33
BRL,

26k this week!!!!!!!

How come you guys are always claiming to be underpaid??? :D

BRL
9th Oct 2002, 09:12
Julian, Not me.....Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

(Anyway, just been saving up for a rainy day. :))

EastMids
10th Oct 2002, 11:36
someone turned up at Sywell 30 minutes before operning time, wondering why they weren't getting a reply from ATC as they circled overhead!

ATC at Sywell... :confused: Whatever next???

Andy

Cheshire cat EGHH
10th Oct 2002, 15:50
I missed you BRL! :( still sounds like the car kicks arse!. Was it worth missing us though???? :(

10th Oct 2002, 21:27
Alright then, Sywell 'kin Radio.

Control, or no control - they still waited!

BRL
10th Oct 2002, 23:37
Bexy, I missed you too like you would never believe...... :rolleyes:
I will let you know if the car kicks arse on Sat when i pick it up. Might even point it in the Bournmouth direction in a week or so to 'give it a run' as they say. Anyone for a mini-bash at Bomo in a few weeks?

Cheshire cat EGHH
11th Oct 2002, 16:44
Its my birthday on the 18th of November, was contomplating a BOH Bash, although I might be away to CAI.well i hope so, never been away for my birthday before.