PDA

View Full Version : Done my QXC!!!

ChiSau
1st Oct 2002, 16:23
Well - I've done my QXC!!!:D :D :D

Got a weeeeee bit "temporarily uncertain of my position" at one stage, but survived that. Had slight brain failure joining the circuit at Gloster but swallowed my pride and got the nice man in the tower to explain things!

Made a meal of the base leg/final, got massively high :eek: :eek: and tried to lose hight as quick as I could. Landed like a pig, but got her down in one piece. :)

I was doing the QXC at the same time as another student from the school and we met up at each destination. As we stood in the queue at Gloster the guy stamped his form and gave him "Good" for both airmanship and landing before commenting "well done - we don't give many of those out here". My turn came, he raised an eyebrow and scribbled "satifactory" on mine and passed it across wothout comment! Hey ho.....

...had a quick cup of tea and then set off for Coventry. Arrived there with no problems thank goodness and queued up again like good students.

The guy stamping my form asked me how I thought my landing had been. After I commented "glorious" he thought for a monent and then wrote it on the sheet! Apparently they can't see from the GA terminal so take it on trust! :D :D

Another cup of tea and then back home - knackered but victorious!!

Right - Tech and planning exams this weekend, then some practise for my skills test!

:cool:

sennadog
1st Oct 2002, 16:37
Glorious? It's like taking A levels these days, it must be getting easier if you can self critique your own landing!:p

Seriously, well done. Get the exams in the bag and get on with your Skills Test.

Whirlybird
1st Oct 2002, 18:00
When I landed at Shobdon for my QXC, the guy looked at my form and asked what he was supposed to put. I said; "You put 'good' there, and 'good' there". So he did. :)

sexybeets
2nd Oct 2002, 19:55
Well done ChiSau, good luck with the exams and skills test, I'm right there with you! :D

gingernut
3rd Oct 2002, 16:48
Did mine recently. Realised all the hard work/boll%cki*gs from instructor/circuit bashing/learning the answers from the confuser-sorry rigorous academic study, was worth it. Now it feels like fun. Thought the comments from ATC were encouraging, and pretty important, as it did feel quite "lonely" at times.
Slept well that night ! Thinking about it all day after ! Remembering why I started in the first place !

Grim Reaper 14
4th Oct 2002, 10:36
TWF!!! :D :D