PDA

View Full Version : Syndicates

Grim Reaper 14
30th Sep 2002, 10:35
Link (http://www.flyer.co.uk/news/newsfeed.php?artnum=12)

This is a bit worrying isn't it?

iainpoll
30th Sep 2002, 12:37
Somthing similar at Stapleford a while back, but with a club aircraft! Needless to say, the individual no longer a club member!

distaff_beancounter
30th Sep 2002, 12:52
Over the last few years, there have been several similar occurances, where aircraft belonging to schools or clubs have been used for illicit purposes.

Apparantly the smugglers are aware that Customs & Excise can confiscate any vehicle or AIRCRAFT, in which smuggled goods, drugs etc, have been found.

The smugglers obviously don't want to lose thier own vehicle or aircraft, so only used hired ones.

As in this recent case at Newcastle, Customs do seem to restore the A/c to its rightful owner, so long as that owner can prove that he knew nothing about the illegal activities, & assists Customs by giving any info that he has on the smugglers.

RotorHorn
1st Oct 2002, 07:42
Ahhhh... that'll explain the notice I saw in the club saying all flights to Newcastle needed to be notified to special branch (i.e. as per IOM, etc.)....

long final
1st Oct 2002, 07:48
Just a heavy smoker ??:p :D :p

p.s. I was talking to a couple of guys at Humberside the other day, who were down from Newcastle, and they informed me the whole Newcastle and special branch thing was over - except for the int's etc.

LF