PDA

View Full Version : Rydinghurst Farm

Miss Bigglesworth
26th Sep 2002, 13:25
Does anybody have any information about Rydinghurst Farm strip in Surrey?

I can't seem to find any information about it so I guess it's completely private. All I know is that it's hard to get to by road, has a very well-mowed runway and is published on the CAA half-mill map!!

LowNSlow
27th Sep 2002, 04:32
Miss B I take it that it's not in Pooleys so try Lockyears Farmstrip Guide available from the usual pilot shops and/or your local flying school probably.

Good luck with your quest and let us all know if it is restriction free cos it's always nice to visit little strips.

Ace Rimmer
27th Sep 2002, 06:38
Ahh Miss Bigglesworth dunno the answer but have a question.. Are you going to be in Salzburg? If you are then I 'll try and remember to bring my Lockyears

Miss Bigglesworth
27th Sep 2002, 13:58
Yep Ace, I'll be there, perhaps sporting a pair of Leiderhosen as opposed to the usual . See ya in the bar - Boddies was it?

I had a look in the Farm Strip guide, couldn't find it. Any info would be much appreciated!

Ace Rimmer
27th Sep 2002, 15:55
Leiderhosen eh?.....Splendid!! D'yuh think they'll have Boddies then?

Keef
27th Sep 2002, 21:17
You mean Cranleigh (Rydinghurst Farm)?

According to Keef's historical airfields directory, it was included in the 1973 Pooleys. It's not appeared in any of the later flight guides I've checked, although it's listed in CAP481 as open. That may be because nobody's told the CAA if it's closed.

It's at 51 8.8 N 000 31.6 W and 150 feet amsl.

My notes say "Private" with nothing about PPR etc.

Rydinghurst Farm is listed in the telephone book under Turnbull - you could try phoning them and asking (but don't blame me if they don't want to be phoned!)

Oh yes -

"Leiderhosen" means "unfortunately trousers".

Do you mean Lederhosen ("leather trousers")? No, thought not.

Keef
27th Sep 2002, 22:07
The name of one of the co-owners is the same as the name in the phone book for Rydinghurst Farm, too.

I think you have your contact point.

LowNSlow
28th Sep 2002, 04:10
This is scary. 10 or even 5 years ago you would have flown over the mown strip and thought "I wonder who owns that". Now with the www one can do 5 minutes of surfing and get the chap or chapesses address and phone number. Privacy, what's that?

Keef , you could never be in the FBI. You would spoil the I as in Famous But Inefficient :D

Aeronca owners do tend to be nice peple. Comes from owning cute aeroplanes :D : D

Keef
28th Sep 2002, 19:59
LowNSlow - I could tell you what I used to do before I retired and took up my new vocation. But then I would have to kill you...

LowNSlow
29th Sep 2002, 03:47
Keef it's been tried before but they forgot the wooden stake :D