PDA

View Full Version : Pension

Fallows
17th Sep 2002, 18:03
I have just heard on the grapevine about a shortfall in the British Airways pension scheme. BA has to increase its contributions to make up the shortfall, this from a company that has just lost its stockmarket listings as one of the top UK companies. Makes one wonder about NATS "pension holiday" to the CAAPS.
UMMMMM!

Undercover
19th Sep 2002, 12:38
NATS is in a similar situation of responsibility... If the fund surplus disappears then the trustees will instruct NATS to commence contributions again at a level the trustees will set.

If you're concerned about the future of your pension then contact the trustees and give them an earful!!

Biggin Koksy
19th Sep 2002, 15:45
mmmmmm Pension;)

Scott Voigt
20th Sep 2002, 00:14
Ummmmmmmmmm Pension..........

Three years and three months till eligiable...

qwerty2
23rd Sep 2002, 11:17
Please , somebody give me the exact location of the promises the Government gave us to safeguard our pension rights after privatisation.

Do they really exist?

Captain Spunkfarter
23rd Sep 2002, 19:26
BA will not be making its final salary pension scheme available to future Flight Crew intakes. Another scheme is currently being devisied.

DtyCln
1st Oct 2002, 22:03
How come only a few of us can be bothered to go and search the WWW for readily available information for the rest of you?? Here, yet again!, is the pension guarantee in the Transport Bill!

http://www.parliament.the-stationery-office.co.uk/pa/ld199900/ldbills/124/00124--k.htm#65

qwerty2
2nd Oct 2002, 09:12
Thankyou but ......

The link you provide refers to the Bill before Parliament not the Act.

In the Transport Act 2000 we cannot find such provisions.

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts2000/00038--j.htm#65

Is there an explanation?
As you will see the wording of the legislation is not the same as the proposed wording in the Bill.
Where are our guarantees?

DtyCln
2nd Oct 2002, 16:05
Well done qwerty2, good to see other people delving into the WWW. Simple answer is, no there is not an obvious explanation. Complex answer, The Bill as per my link was voted on in the House of Lords and passed on Nov29th 2000. The Act in your link is published 7 days later as a result of the bill passing through the House of Lords. There were no further debates or amendments on the bill, so the bill that passed is as it appears. I will endeavour to obtain clarification from other sources and publish here in the future.

I do enjoy quality debating over the usual crap in here!!

BDiONU
3rd Oct 2002, 06:46
Mmmmmhhhhh Quality! DOH!!!!