PDA

View Full Version : EGPF Controllers

Deeko01
7th Sep 2002, 13:37
Hiya PF controllers,

2 or 3 questions for you GLA controllers maybe you can help me with??

1) Why is it at weekends you are not bandboxed like edinburgh?? is it something to do with too many staff or is it really that busy that you need to have someone in. Listening in today from work (cos I have to!!) you had ground, tower, radar 1 and 2 open yet there didnt seem to be much around think a CO from the north 4 from the south and a couple of VFR's??. just curious cos at EDI seems to have fewer positions open on a weekend but surelt its more difficult cos they have a crappy airport structure.

2) Does it annoy you as much as it does us having to shut the short, there is nothing worse than going forward and back to the short runways with crews all because they have such stringent rules for a/c size into area juliet, think the BAA could do better, but just seems if your not going thru the terminal buying stuff from retail shops or parking your car they aint interested.

3) Why do you have to tell an aircraft they are cleared to cross the 28 threshold did something happen or did someone just decide you need to tell em there clear to cross??

4) Isn't execair 4 the most switched on guy around the apron?!?!?!? hehehehe only kidding!!!!! if you ever hear G-BXGH or G-BXOF landing at GLA it will most likely be me manipulating the controls and am happy to take rwy 28 and be stopped by Y2!!!!!!

btw you guys are very good and look after us very well so just wanted to say thank you for the service you give us even tho we probably get in your way a lot, its very much appreciated!.

Cheers
Deeko!

athene
7th Sep 2002, 15:57
Deeks, why didn't you just ask...?

From the Edi point of view then:

1) I believe it is a contractual difference between us and Gla that means they are required to have ground open at weekends, as published in the AIP

2) Don't know how they feel about it at Gla but a closed runway is no good to anyone, very frustrating when you have a car park instead of two runways, but then again I guess the pilots of those aircraft required to park there would be pretty p***** off if they were made to go elsewhere as no parking was available

3) It is a requirement that any aircraft or vehicle entering a runway that can be used as such, whether or not it is available at the time, be given a clearance to enter or cross

4) That execair 4 guy at Glasgow? Well I've got it on good authority that he's a bit of a looker with a sexy voice on the R/T, although I could be biased ;)

ATCbabe
7th Sep 2002, 18:33
Athene hon,

your authority was wrong. That execair 4 guy is pants, or is it just that he doesnt wear any????:confused: ;) :p ;)

Sorry Deeks, u knows I lurve u really;)

Aunt Rimmer
8th Sep 2002, 22:00
What a marvellous bunch they are at Glasgow - thanks folks :D

Bend over backwards for the poor wee flying club, so they do. Pity the BAA don't regard 28 as runway cos' that helps Loganair and GFC out quite a lot !

So, when's the next PPrune Bash Love-in in Glasgow then ... ?

:cool:

EGPFlyer
9th Sep 2002, 10:00
Aunt Rimmer, it's gonna be very soon.....We might even persuade some Glasgow ATCOs to join us! (you know you really really want to!)

The short is a runway??? Wonders never cease!

Aunt Rimmer
9th Sep 2002, 21:12
Get Glasgow ATCOs to buy a beer ? You'll be lucky - I tried for 8 years with no success :D :D :D :D :D

<Dons flak hat>