PDA

View Full Version : CPL(H) JAR-FCL examen

Flare armed
3rd Sep 2002, 16:01
Which book or books covers best the questions in the CPL(H) JAR-FCL theoretical examen :confused:

I Have seen a few books, but dont know if they covers it all :
- BASIC THEORY OF THE HELICOPTER - by Roger Ralez
- PRINCIPLES OF HELICOPTER FLIGHT - BY W.J. Wagtendonk
- THE HELICOPTER - by John Fay

After a quick scan they seem to be quite different.
Which are you using when teaching your students ?

Thanks for our help
Flare Armed

ClearBlueWater
4th Sep 2002, 12:31
Assuming you are talking about the Principles Of Flight exam only then Wagtendonk is pretty much complete and is readily understandable.

kissmysquirrel
4th Sep 2002, 14:01
Wgtendonk is pretty much everything you need but be warned that some of the PofF questions have come from other books and different authors have different views on things.

and: ClearBlue....You should be working not playing on the computer!!!!!!!!!!! and stop dreaming of LA and jet Rangers!!!!!!

Piper Warrior Pilot
4th Sep 2002, 14:04
Just out of curiosity kissmysquirel, why the e-mail. Is it some kind of survey your doing?

Flare armed
5th Sep 2002, 12:12
Many thanks for the anwsers :)

Rgds Flare armed

ClearBlueWater
5th Sep 2002, 16:19
kissmysquirrel, I know of a busy school that's desperate for a helicopter instructor (quote 'start tomorrow') and the work will likely rub along with some commercial work as well. Its not in your immediate area but its not at the other end of the country either. JG may already have told you about it. If not call me.

P.S. Work may own the computer and it may be paying for the time but it cannot own my freewill, dammit.