PDA

View Full Version : Who are the 400?

jocko0102
2nd Sep 2002, 22:06
For those of you who have a genuine reason for not returning your papers then thats fair enough.

But the rest you are without doubt WAN..RS.

This is not just about money but about how we are treated and where we go from here.Management are laughing their tits off at us now.People have had a go at me for questioning assistants pay etc but at least i voted and im prepared to enter into a constructive ding dong with anyone because at least it gets us talking despite the fact that we dont all agree.

400 of you (minus the genuine ones) didnt give a toss and as a result have probably caused more harm than all the rest of us put together.Your apathy will have been noted and now we dont have a leg to stand on!

If people find out who you are i suggest you never bad mouth the company or your conditions because you have now lost the right to do so!!!

atco-matic
2nd Sep 2002, 22:55
Well I emailed Prospect FOUR TIMES with my change of address, but I still never received a ballott paper... I would be interested to know how many other people did what the reps told us to do (ie email prospect to change our addresses) but never got a ballott paper like me.

jocko0102
3rd Sep 2002, 08:31
Well maybe we should be trying to find out how many people didnt get there papers and if so why.
If Prospect have sent out a lot of them to the wrong places then something needs to be done.

"Their " papers.
Sorry must still be drunk.

atccmm
3rd Sep 2002, 12:53
Now this will throw a spanner in the works. Maybe there are more than 400 who didn't reply.

I actually managed to receive 2 ballot papers, both with different id numbers on them. One to my old address and one to my new address. Did this happen to anyone else? It kind of invalidates the vote a little, don't you think?

Just for the record, I was honest and only filled one in.

DangerousD
3rd Sep 2002, 16:02
Being a bit of a computer novice I didn't chance the change of address by e-mail but by the phonne number on the back of my union card. When a ballot paper hadn't been received a week later i got a very apologetic reply and received one the very next day.Also as it was a second paper I had to sign a disclaimer with regard to any original I may have received so no underhand business I'm affraid.

As regard to non voting I'm affraid you will never get a hundred percent turnout some down to apathy and somtimes because people will by quite happy to go with whatever result is given as the offer is pretty close to their expectations. Even if those 400 did vote the odds are that they would still be 60-40 in favour and only if their was a freakish 100% rejection amongst those 400 would their be an overall no vote. (p.s I personally voted no but am happy to be in a democracy and abide by the vote of my fellow workers)