PDA

View Full Version : Flying Buddies

ATPLstylee
28th Aug 2002, 21:18
Hiya,

I am a 250+ hour PPL, who has now done all the usual post PPL issue bits.. flying to different airfields, diffent a/c, flying abroad etc.

I always aim to fly a few times a month and aim to get my instructors and CPL as soon as i can.

But during many an hour building flight, what I really miss is some company! Does that make me sad, or are all my friends just boring? I havent decided yet!

If anyone wants to start a flying group in/around Southampton then why not reply.

Seems to me that it's better to fly with like minded friends so that you can learn and explore new things.

That makes it all more fun, shares the cost and makes us all safer. Sounds like a good deal to me!

Anyway,

Over to you!
:) :) :) :) :) :)

On Track
28th Aug 2002, 22:49
Flying with others on board not only makes for a more a social experience but has safety and educational advantages as well.

It never hurts to have extra eyes looking out for traffic and, as long as they approach the flight in the right spirit, low-time pilots can encourage each other to develop their skills and watch for any bad habits that might creep in.

Of course there should never be any doubt about who is the pilot in command on any particular flight.

Unfortunately I can't fly with you - I'm on the other side of the world. :(

FlyingForFun
29th Aug 2002, 08:38
ATPLStylee,

I didn't notice your name on the list of people coming to the Sywell fly-in! That would be a perfect opportunity to meet and go flying with some other people.

Not sure who else is going from Southampton, but there's a chance that someone will have a spare seat and you can fly with them. Or else you can offer your spare seat to someone - either to another PPL who can't get an aeroplane, or a student, or someone who's interested in coming along but hasn't actually done any flying. Once you get there, if you go in your own aircraft, you'll find plenty of people to give rides to (if it's an interesting aircraft, there'll be even more people - but you'll find plenty of people willing to go for a ride even in a spam-can).

And, best of all, you'll meet a load of us, and no doubt make a few friends to go flying with in future! :D

FFF
-----------