PDA

View Full Version : Qxc Done!

Todge
20th Aug 2002, 21:38
Finally after being cancelled many times, I have done my QXC.:D :D

Blackpool to Harwarden To Caernarfon and Back to Blackpool.

Its the best feeling in the world ( so far, Ask again after GFT ).

Weather held up and got "very good" at each airfield I visited.

Well Buzzin, and worth the wait. Only six hours revision to do.:D

Evo7
21st Aug 2002, 07:02
Congratulations - and well done for not letting all the cancellations worry you :D

Got a date for the skills test yet? Two weeks to mine, and I'm getting nervous :eek: :)

Aussie Andy
21st Aug 2002, 07:53
Well done Todge, there you go!

I have wanted to make it across to Caernarfon for ages... what's it like?

Grim Reaper 14
21st Aug 2002, 08:11
TWF!!! :D

Whirlybird
21st Aug 2002, 08:12
CONGRATULATIONS!

And isn't it worth waiting for, to do a flight like that? Caernarfon is one of my favourite airfields - first trip I made after I got my PPL back in 1998, and several since. Still never been in to Hawarden though; what's it like?

AerBabe
21st Aug 2002, 12:54
Well done, you picked a good day for it! Any problems en route, or did all go to plan?

sennadog
21st Aug 2002, 13:49
Good work. They're coming thick and fast at the moment.

Holdposition
21st Aug 2002, 19:19
Well done Todge hope all went well sounds as though it did, enjoy flying over the caravans @ Caernarfon if you went in on26.

Did you use TZ the old faithful!!!!

Todge
22nd Aug 2002, 19:05
Thanks Everyone!

Hoping to get the test done very soon. ( Its a cash thing ).

Caernarfon is a nice airfield. I found the A/G setup quite easy, although is was a little confusing working out what I could and couldn't do as far as making my own decisions. Went ok. Landed on 02, departed 26. Landed on 26 on the dual and that caravan park has some fairly high floodlights sticking up on the centre line. Keep an eye on them I think!

Hawarden seems like its er.... not for the private pilot. Nowt there. Its very quiet. I understand its all testing and stuff as Airbus base or something.

It was a good feeling when I got the " clear land runway 28" when I got back. Perhaps too soon as the aircraft wasn't on the ground yet but the sense of acheivement made me smile. A lot.:D

I want to do the Manchester low level next. Looks interesting.