PDA

View Full Version : Starting up a Canadian Aviation Employment Community...

ipanema
20th Aug 2002, 14:46
Hi...

I've been reading the posts here and it is clear there is no single focal point in Canada for aviation employment. With your assistance I would like to change that.

It is also clear (as usual) that job seekers have no place to post their resume where it is easily accessible to employers searching for a specific additional skill who do not want to advertise (I'm a job seeker, too).

So I have created two Forum-type mechanisms (much like this Discussion Forum) where both employers and job seekers can post their info - for FREE.

I would like to preface the URL's with a request that both employers and employees try to follow some sensible guidelines when posting. There is a list of basics in the posting page, so you do have a guide/suggestion as to what you need to include.

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THE ADS ON THE RESPECTIVE FORUMS. Please respond directly to the poster at the address/telephone number/fax number shown.

I will remove ads after a period of time, so they will not be there forever... it is reasonable that you should replace them if the position has not been filled (employers) or if you do not get a job (job seekers). I suggest that you copy your post into a Notepad file and keep it for if you need to refresh it.

Nothing REALLY comes for free... I offer some additional confidential services, such as resume sorting and responding to employers, and mailboxes and mail forwarding to both parties for a _small_ fee. See this page for details and the prices...
http://www.bloorstreetwest.com/employment/avextras.shtml

And if this service should place your poverty-stricken backside in a comfy, well-paying job you might consider sending me a cheque for whatever the position is worth to you... at least $100, anyway.

{smile}

In any case, please spread the word - it's in everyone's best interest. The more people who know about this free service the more employers who will use it - and the more jobs you will find in a central location. Suggestions for improvement are very welcome.

Bottom line: What do you have to lose? It's FREE.

Employers post here:
http://www.bloorstreetwest.com/employment/offers/index.html

Job Seekers post here:
http://www.bloorstreetwest.com/employment/seekers/index.html

And the best of luck to you all...

(All financial assistance and donations will be gratefully received and acknowledged.)

fesmokie
20th Aug 2002, 20:10
Great Idea !!!:) :) :) I'll be there. Thank you.

MLS-12D
20th Aug 2002, 20:17
It's great to see such a free service available ... but job-seekers and employers should be also aware that there are other similar websites already up and running. For example, Findapilot.com, Pilot-jobs.com, etc.

MLS-12D :)

ipanema
20th Aug 2002, 21:56
Point taken. But look at the differences: most of the other sites list US and Canadian positions, and none of them allow a job seeker to post a resume. This service is Canadian-only, across Canada, and is for all sectors of the aviation community.

It's a free service to the aviation community (not just pilots), and I hope to pay for it with ancillary services such as mailboxes and mail forwarding (to help with anonymity) and processing resumes for employers.

HTH