PDA

View Full Version : First Solo

HelenD
16th Aug 2002, 13:54
I have just gone solo up here in Inverness. It was a nice experience though it was a shame I was too busy concentrating to enjoy the lovely views. I think the number of hours I have now is about 65 including the 7 I have had up here on the PA38. The only thing I am not keen on with the PA38 is the stall but unless I am forced to stall I will recover at the first sign.

FlyingForFun
16th Aug 2002, 14:08
Helen, CONGRATS!

I know it's been hard work for you to get to this stage, but it proves that it is possible to beat the CAA if you're dedicated enough! Now, when can we expect you to get that nice shiny brown license???

:) :) :)

FFF
-----------

ATCbabe
16th Aug 2002, 14:09
Well done Helen, I knew you could do it ;)

Things can only get better from here and you can sure go home and show "you know who"!!!!!:p :p

Shame I will not make it up there tonite to help you celebrate in style, but after Sunday nite that maybe isnt such a bad thing:rolleyes:

Enjoy the party anyway,

Love babe xxx

tacpot
16th Aug 2002, 14:26
Congratulations , a great first step. Well done.

Aussie Andy
16th Aug 2002, 15:15
Very cool Helen! Now you've got cross country nav to look forward to - it just gets better!!! :)

Word of advice: now is a good time to knuckle down and get the exams done.. don't put them off and ruch to get them all done at the end...

djk
16th Aug 2002, 15:41
Helen,

glad to hear you've managed to solo
so does it feel better than the cross-channel flght with the FI or not? :D

Thumpango
16th Aug 2002, 15:48
Well done Helen !, I knew you weren't far from first solo. Consistent reasonable landings are what the instructors look for.
It's a great compliment on your flying and shows the confidence your instructor has in you.

As you might remember I almost went solo, I know this sounds a bit strange but I had done several reasonable landings and I could tell the instructor was thinking hard about sending me solo. I bounced on my last landing and that made up his mind - no solo.
Last lesson all landings were reasonable and I am hopeful for the next lesson.

Anyway- you have done it now. How will you resolve this with your school down south ?

AerBabe
16th Aug 2002, 15:57
Hey, a very very big well done! Bet you haven't stopped grinning yet ;)

(FFF sent me an SMS earlier to tell me you'd passed... did he pass on my congratulations? Seems not. Men eh?! *sigh*)

T&G, don't worry, sounds like your turn won't be that far away :)

eveepee
16th Aug 2002, 16:09
Congratulations Helen from a ppruner who has yet to solo - how did you feel before and after ? Enjoy celebrating:D

sennadog
16th Aug 2002, 16:16
HelenD. Top stuff, as Aussie Andy said - nail those exams and continue the fun!:D

FlyingForFun
16th Aug 2002, 16:27
(AerBabe - knew you wouldn't be able to stay away long, so I thought I'd let you post yourself! :) But, for the record, AerBabe did send me a text message at 1419Z asking me to congratulate Helen for her, so that officially makes her one of the first - even if I didn't pass the message on!)

Whirlybird
16th Aug 2002, 20:49
Well done Helen!!!! I'm absolutely delighted for you. Keep it up; I'm looking forward to hearing that you've got your PPL.

Celebrations in chat tonight I think. :) :) :)

TheKentishFledgling
16th Aug 2002, 21:16
WELL DONE!

I felt good after my first lesson....what it must be like to solo???!!! :)

Happy landings,
tKF

tony draper
16th Aug 2002, 22:10
YEEEHAAAA!!!!! great stuff Helen :)

MikeSamuel
17th Aug 2002, 11:19
That's the best news I've heard all day Helen! All though I have only been up 20 mins :eek:

Well done, you know I've been waiting for ages to say that!

Regards,

MS :D

Penguina
17th Aug 2002, 13:03
Congratulations! I'm not far ahead of you, but I can tell you that after the first solo, you start getting to do the really fun things (like getting lost, trying to join on the wrong side of the circuit, saying 'say again' six or seven times to increasingly irritable military controllers, oh yes, the fun begins now!). No really, it is the springboard to really getting into what it's all about.

AerBabe
17th Aug 2002, 16:37
Mikey ... are you saying you only got up at 12pm?! :eek:
That's poor even by your standards ;) :D

jonathang
18th Aug 2002, 20:42
WELL DONE HELEN.

SO so so so so so so pleased for you :t

Amazing feeling isnt it?

Speak to you soon.

Johnny :)

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EI_Sparks
18th Aug 2002, 22:01
Congradulations Helen!

And AB, leave Mike alone - it was saturday :p

LowNSlow
19th Aug 2002, 16:38
Congratulations HD, excellent news. You must be chuffed to bits. :D :D :D

flapsforty
22nd Aug 2002, 21:56
Helen, sorry to be a bit late with the congrats; only heard tonight on chat!
Well done matey, you have risen above your trials & tribulations with style and determination!
:D KISS :D