PDA

View Full Version : Advice sought for USA training

yan frederickson
13th Aug 2002, 19:22
Help ???
Has anybody out their had anything to do with a training establishment in California called 'UKFlight Training' the reason I ask is Im seriously considering spending 3 weeks or so out their, and (hopefully) obtaining my PPl licence. I thought their add in Pilot mag sounded OK, as well as their web sight.......... but would like some first hand info, before parting with my hard earned dosh!
Thanks.

FWA NATCA
13th Aug 2002, 19:50
Yan,

There is a flight school that is I believe associated with the University of Western Michigan located in Battle Creek Michigan (BTL) that trains a lot of pilots from down under, that has a very good reputation, you may want to check them out.

Mike
FWA

Keef
13th Aug 2002, 22:31
Yan

There have been many threads about US Flying Schools, some good some bad. I don't remember that particular school coming up, but a review of past threads may be useful.

Whatever school you pick, be VERY careful about the Visa regulations and the forms you need to fill in before you go.

There's a current thread on here that you should read very carefully.

Julian
13th Aug 2002, 22:40
Yan,

Did my PPL with UKFT and on the whole I would recommend them. They have their odd faults but dont all schools.

They have just merged with Rainbow Air into a new facility, I will be over in October hiring from Rainbow again as their choice of aircraft is excellent and very well maintained.

If you have any specific questions then feel free to email me personally and I will answer.

Julian.

englishal
14th Aug 2002, 09:05
Yea, I have experienced [**link removed**], and as Julian points out they are generally pretty good, excellent instructors. They had their odd faults but nothing serious, and word has it they have solved these now. They also have Visa approval.

Rainbow Air are an excellent outfit, and often head out that way for hour building.

(Ok, Big red L didn't remove the link, I'm just having a laugh:D )

Cheers
EA;)