C150/152 for hour building) during this time of the
year.

The reason for this query is that I emailed some
schools regarding hour building and only one replied,
providing a price of $100.00 (wet) for the above
mentioned a/c, a bit above of what is advertised
in the schools/clubs web sites, which cause me
to think that may be schools are very busy during
this time of the year, so the prices go up.

Am I right, am I wrong:confused:

Regards
Zerograv

MLS-12D
25th Jul 2002, 21:42
Hello zerograv,

Can't speak for all rental outfits, but in Southern Ontario I am unaware of anyone raising their rates during the summer months. It might be different elsewhere in Canada but I would be surprised.

It could be that you were quoted a higher rate than that specified on a website simply because the website was not kept up to date. I know that most places raised their rates last Fall (allegedly because insurance went up post-Sept. 11th).

Regarding availability, you should not experience too much difficulty finding a 150 or 152 to rent for time building. Generally speaking the larger outfits (e.g. Buttonville, Brampton) have more demand on their trainers than the small operations (e.g. Guelph, Oshawa). That's probably true across the country.

If I were you, I would surf the web and find two or three schools that look good, and then post another enquiry here asking if anyone has any experience of those specific schools. Here is a link that should get you started: www.avroland.ca/al-cdn-aviation-schools.html

Hope that helps,

MLS-12D :)

P.S. $100 per hour for a C150/152 seems high to me. Prices vary from place to place, but I would currently expect to pay somewhere between $75-$90 (wet). See e.g. www.durhamflightcentre.com/

Hen Ddraig
26th Jul 2002, 17:28
I am currently renting a Warrior at $100 + tax per hour at Burlington. They quote a 152 at $86 + tax or 172 at $100+ tax. Most of the other local FBOs seem to charge about the same rate.

zerograv
26th Jul 2002, 20:56
MLS-12D and Hen Ddraig

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Regards
Zerograv

MLS-12D
26th Jul 2002, 21:05
Zerograv,

Here is the website for Burlington (as mentioned by Hen Ddraig): www.spectrumairways.com/

I can confirm that it is a nice school: good instructors, low-key atmosphere, rarely any problems scheduling planes. Most of the airplanes are somewhat 'tired' but the maintenance seems reasonably good.

MLS-12D

yahooair
27th Jul 2002, 03:34
email me if you want twin time as low as 54.95U.S./Hr PIC
[email protected]
Must have you're CPL, Multi IFR and about 250TT

zerograv
27th Jul 2002, 21:14
Thanks for the replies.

I think I'm going to wait for the engine of a C152 that
is being OH and will do the time building here on this
side of the ocean.

Yahooair

I'm still away from that level of qualification
(just PPL and 100hrs TT, needing to do 50hrs to do
the CPL towards September).
Thanks any way.

Regards
Zerograv

Saxon
12th Aug 2002, 22:46
Hour building? Try Interlake International Pilot Training Centre, Gimli, Manitoba. :)