PDA

View Full Version : Replacing paper Tech Log with eTL

camps
28th Jul 2017, 13:33
Hi - to replace the conventional flight bag and manuals with the EFB we need to have a copy of the approval letter from the Civil Aviation carried in the flight deck at all times.
However for some strange reason when the same was done with the Tech Log ( now replaced with the eTL ) we are told that there is no need to carry any approval letters from the Civil Aviation !
Does it make any sense ? would appreciate any clarification or feed back from you guys

Jet II
28th Jul 2017, 14:22
I seem to remember that the Tech Log is covered by a change to the AOC as its classed as an airframe mod for some reason.

Although it was awhile ago so dont quote me on it.

FlightDetent
28th Jul 2017, 14:31
I asked our CAA and the boss Standards' office when the question was due:

May the EFB approval for electronic documentation itself be carried in the said EFB as an electronic copy? The answer was a somewhat reluctant and quiet yes. But indeed they did their research. Problem circumnavigated, all blue skies ahead.

The only issue left at the end was "true and certified" copy of AOC, but I think the unfortunate regulatory wording has changed since (5 yrs).

Any bureaucrat, even an honest and helpful man whom I met many, will instinctively avoid taking responsibility. Challenge them in a smart and polite way to provide evidence why not, and eventually a "no-formal-objection" letter is headed for your mailbox.

Skyjob
28th Jul 2017, 15:41
Why not go eTL and keep a small folder with some required originals in FD which are part of its library?

camps
30th Jul 2017, 00:15
Thank you all