PDA

View Full Version : KAP140 question

taguilo
5th Jul 2017, 19:18
Hi,

I have some tech questions regarding Bendix King KAP 140 autopilot:

-APR mode, LOC and GS captured, is it possible to cancel GS by selecting other pitch mode (ALT/VS) or it is necessary to first turn off the autopilot?

-Same as above, is it possible to cancel APR by selecting other roll mode?

- Does pushing NAV once NAV is armed or captured revert to HDG mode? And the same for APR/REV?

-If red P flag turns on, it means pitch modes are inoperative. Does it show dashes on pitch mode/armed mode positions?

-If unit with Altitude Preselect option, which is the altitude displayed when autopilot is first powered, and after PFT test?

Many thanks.

aterpster
6th Jul 2017, 00:48
Questions for your SAFM and your flight instructor.

TotalBeginner
6th Jul 2017, 13:47
I've got the manual for this autopilot in PDF. If you send me your email address in a PM, I'll forward it to you.

taguilo
6th Jul 2017, 14:26
Questions for your SAFM and your flight instructor.

Point is I don't have a flight instructor. Actually I am building a KAP140 unit simulator so the reason for such specific questions.

I've got the manual for this autopilot in PDF. If you send me your email address in a PM, I'll forward it to you.

Thank you. I do have BK official pilot manual, Installation manual, etc. But the info I am asking for is not present there, I guess it is really a pilot observation matter.
I do fly C172 and similar aircraft in rl but none of them have any kind of autopilot, hands flying only!