PDA

View Full Version : SE82 - How much longer?

Chilli Monster
11th Jul 2002, 20:23
Another evening, another pile of 40 minute slot delays for internal UK flights which are only 140 miles long. LATCC(Mil) can't help as they're maxed out, MACC busy but do their best though it's not their problem.

How much longer NATS management? Maybe we should send you the bill for the overtime when we start keeping the airfield open due to your incompetence! Bet you'd get your s**t together if it was costing you money!

CM

Roger That
12th Jul 2002, 19:04
CM,

I understand your frustration about the impact NATS' ops has on yours and would probablt feel the same way if we were in each others shoes. However wild accusations about it not costing NATS money is uninfomed and misleading.

See my response to a different query at http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57792 and it'll explain how much it costs NATS to delay it's customers. I cannot imagine [regardless of what you think of NATS management] that they would voluntarily want to give away that amount of money every year (?)

As for sending bills etc, I guess it wouldn't be fair to send a bill ... until ... you start to keep your airfield open late - would it ?

RT

2 six 4
13th Jul 2002, 18:07
At the present rate of staff change - at least 2 years.

We are running very hard just to lose ground slowly.

Sorry we do the training not the planning and recruitment.

Buster the Bear
13th Jul 2002, 20:30
"If we went on strike, no one would notice"

Funniest statement on these pages for ages!

Luckily you ATCO's know how to look after our part privatised skies, but your managers seem to be unable!

Probably due to their huge bonus payments. Money does tend to cloud ones judgement!

Now I thought private money was there to improve the service level. Silly me! Certain paws will always fill with gold!

Now will I get delayed when I go to visit Percy in Parma Zoo during September? Better plan to pinch a few picnic baskets whilst I am delayed then?