PDA

View Full Version : NATS Final Interview...

MinimumRest
9th Jul 2002, 18:54
Had final stage of interview last week. Felt computer/personnel tests went pretty well, but don't think I came across too good in the technical bit.

Anyone else out there think they'd f**ked it up, only to be very nicely surprised when the letter came. C'mon, give me some hope..........please?

MR XxX :(

TheFox
9th Jul 2002, 19:19
I'll give you hope, but it was the computer test i thought i cocked up on.

Spamcan defender
10th Jul 2002, 07:30
Well done on getting to the interviews. An achievement in itself!!
I was in the same position as yourself, thinking that i'd not done enough on the computer test. The one that got me was the combined mock radar screen/maths questions test (I'm going all funny just thinking about it :eek: :eek: ).
I left Prestwick feeling that I could have done better and was a little downhearted. However dont despair, coz the thud underneath the letterbox will let you know that you did OK. Its one of the best feelings ever. :)
Just hope CATC isnt as bad as ist made out to be :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: .

Good luck...

KazBird
10th Jul 2002, 08:17
Same as above....Well done on getting to the interviews and good luck. I also thought I'd lucked out on the computer tests but got through..... now counting the days till October 7th.

Barnaby the Bear
10th Jul 2002, 09:16
From what I remember of the computer test, is that, it is 1 hour of hair pulling and checking the room for hidden cameras! But from what I gather, they are checking your task priorities.
They don't really expect you to answer the maths questions whilst letting numbers (aircraft) collide.

The college is tough, and more work than I ever did during my degree course. Just knuckle down and get on with it. Don't forget to play hard to.

Well done, if you got the heavy envelope, and good luck!!!!

:p

canberra
11th Jul 2002, 17:07
why is the civil atc course so long? iask as an ex raf aatc. i always found it strange that the raf can turn out controllers in six months and it takes nats/caa 18. and before any civil controllers get on this site and go on about standards, how many military controllers (or civil for that) have been responsible for airmisses? i realise given whats happened in switzerland this may be touchy to say the least, but i thought id ask.

AREA52
11th Jul 2002, 17:23
Don't start up the Civil/Military thing again?

Somebody asked a little while ago about RAF controllers having to go through the normal channels to convert to civil, I suggest you look at that and then you might find your explanation why it takes so long to train us civi's.

I spend most of my time trying to avoid the mil's traffic that should have been co-ordinated but wasn't!

MinimumRest
12th Jul 2002, 20:57
Thanx guys, but I felt ok about the computer stuff, just the tech bit that's worrying me. It's been a week since I went, and they reckoned I'd hear in 10 days, so hopefully I'll be out of my misery mid-next week. Keep you posted..........:(

MR XxX

160to4DME
12th Jul 2002, 21:11
Who chaired the technical ?

MinimumRest
15th Jul 2002, 18:10
A really nice guy from EGCC - couldn't have been nicer. So I can't blame it on that, eh?

Still waiting..................:(

MR XxX

MinimumRest
21st Jul 2002, 13:50
Change the :( to a :D - I passed!

TheFox
21st Jul 2002, 21:41
Congratulations
:D :D :D :D

left outer, right inner
21st Jul 2002, 22:14
Congrats mate, you must feel great! Now go drink way too much!;) :) :D :cool:

LORI

Gonzo
22nd Jul 2002, 02:26
Min Rest

Well done. Make sure you learn the theory stuff at CATC, and maybe see you around some day!:cool:

Gonzo

PS Which course will you be on?

Mr_Grubby
22nd Jul 2002, 19:43
Min Rest.

Well Done !!

Hope you make it. It will be hard work, but worth the effort in the long run.

I want to see you paying into the pension fund for many years to keep old Gits like me going.

Mr G.

MinimumRest
22nd Jul 2002, 20:34
:D :D :D :D :D

Cheers folks, certainly feel better for finding out. Course isn't 'til July 2003 so just deciding how to pass the time!

Many Thanks All!

MR XxX :D

viaEGLL
23rd Jul 2002, 09:26
MinimumRest,,

Well done and it may be a long wait but u never know if they get their ***t together at Catc they might even bring it forward???
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Vercingetorix
23rd Jul 2002, 18:48
Canberra
simple question. How many ex Mil controllers have validated at West Drayton or Swanick ? Different rules, different procedures, different qualities. OK, Back in the box please !