PDA

View Full Version : United 737-222 Basic, Speed Brake Ind

allendc
18th Nov 2016, 20:18
Hello
I am in the process of restoring a 737-222 Basic United Air Lines flight deck, and have question about the indicator marked "Speed Brake".

This aircraft also had the "Speed brake do not arm" and Speed brake armed" indicators.

Anyone have an idea on what condition illuminated the indicator marked "Speed Brake".

Thank you

David
Boeing 737-700 flight simulator construction (http://www.737FlightSim.com)

I-PIERLU
19th Nov 2016, 12:50
Hi,
When I flew on the 300/500 only a few aircrafts had it, on the F/O side.
Directly from B733/735/WL FCOM:

SPEED BRAKE Caution Light (as installed)
Flashing (amber) – indicates air/ground sensor in air position, SPEED BRAKE lever aft of ARMED position and flaps extended beyond position 10.

I hope You will find it helpful ☺

Ciao 😉

allendc
19th Nov 2016, 16:41
I-PIERLU
Thank you very much, you solved my problem! ! !

David
Boeing 737-700 flight simulator construction (http://www.737flightsim.com)

bafanguy
19th Nov 2016, 17:11
allendc,

You've got quite a project there. Hats off to you.

N9070U rang a bell...not sure why at this late date. Checked my old logbook and found I flew that airplane on training flights from DEN to PUB on June 17 & 20, 1971, while getting my 737 type rating at UAL on contract to another carrier.

At least parts of it will live on.

Just another small world story, I guess. Now if I could just remember where I left my car keys !! ;-)))

I-PIERLU
19th Nov 2016, 17:35
Keep on working hard on that and should You need anything else just share it with all us, it really looks cool! 😃
Happy I helped You!

Happy Landings!

Pier

Amadis of Gaul
19th Nov 2016, 18:07
allendc,

You've got quite a project there. Hats off to you.

N9070U rang a bell...not sure why at this late date. Checked my old logbook and found I flew that airplane on training flights from DEN to PUB on June 17 & 20, 1971, while getting my 737 type rating at UAL on contract to another carrier.

At least parts of it will live on.

Just another small world story, I guess. Now if I could just remember where I left my car keys !! ;-)))

You flew it nearly four years before I was born! For me, it's still weird to see active airplanes that I flew at previous airlines.

bafanguy
21st Nov 2016, 21:46
allendc,

What are you going to do with your sim when you get it built...personal use...publicly available ?

A of G,

Yes, it's fun to to look back and see airplanes you flew appear in the public arena (some in books). Seeing one become a sim is particularly entertaining. Of course, MANY people flew N9070U after I did: 57,000 airframe hours !

You'll get to do the Big Look Back some day as most of us do.

allendc
24th Mar 2018, 17:00
bafanguy
Sorry about the delay in a response, very interesting that N9070U rang a bell and you checked your logbook!

Finding the correct parts has become more of a challenge than I expected, but the search continues. If I can get it anywhere close to simulated flying, you are welcome to give it a test flight!

David
737-222 N9070U Restoration Project

bafanguy
24th Mar 2018, 19:42
allendc,

Thanks for the update. The links to your project don't work. Can you offer something we can see ? I'd like to follow your work.