PDA

View Full Version : Emirates made ANOTHER Pilot Recruitment AD!!!

TheTypicalBrit
1st Nov 2016, 17:23
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE5dVV0JkU0&ab_channel=Emirates

So what do you think?

electricdeathjet
1st Nov 2016, 17:43
Or get a command before 32.....

Macrohard
1st Nov 2016, 18:01
and for those that have 'complications' with childbirth?

ExDubai
1st Nov 2016, 18:06
Dubai and the cost of education......

SlavePunishment
1st Nov 2016, 18:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE5dVV0JkU0&ab_channel=Emirates

So what do you think?

😩what an incredibe Idiot of Copilot, bull****ting him self his family and everyone else.

It seems he couldnt make it to a real airline at the first place. Would love to listen to him in 2 more years. A..hole!

777boyindubai
1st Nov 2016, 18:25
Mark. Oh dear. Either you are naive, not done your homework or you have blatantly lied. I'll assume it's the first. So here we go. Schooling. Please share at what age EK start paying for schools. Also perhaps you can confirm that EK don't cover 100% of the fees and indeed changed the contract to force you to pay a percentage. How easy is it to get young kids into JESS or another good school? You don't get free healthcare. You pay by salary deduction that they just increased for your eife and kids. What happens with a baby that isn't full term. Let me tell you. 100000 aed plus bill which YOU psy.Tell us about the cost of eating out for a family of four after paying for Schooling and healthcare. By all means do your video for the company. But don't tell blatant lies that others who don't know the crooked ek management like we do will accept.

The.Humble.Guy
1st Nov 2016, 18:32
So rumor goes that this guy had already resigned before the making of this video? Any truth to this?

190_warrior
1st Nov 2016, 18:48
Why do all the people who do these ads permanently have that dead eye look?

OMAAbound
1st Nov 2016, 19:15
*Mark enter management office sheepishly*

"Hi, I need to leave Emirates but I can't pay my bond off?!"

*Management member rubbing his hands*

"That's fine Mark, we've got just the thing for you!?"

Jetkopite
1st Nov 2016, 19:27
Hahaha....

Surely they can hire actors to do these disaster ads to save genuinely (im guessing) nice colleagues from having to lie lie and lie some more by selling a broken product to others???? Unless these guys volunteer for this???

Mrs Mangels
1st Nov 2016, 19:44
OMAA, I don't think that would much of a problem for him, the QF boys are on a 3y/ $30000 bond.

Bloated Stomach
2nd Nov 2016, 01:27
If Mark is enjoying his time at Emirates, leave him at peace.

So many bitter people in the Middle East thread.

The Outlaw
2nd Nov 2016, 01:39
Bloated,

Come out here and try it for yourself.

Maybe after a few kieks in the kok, you'll understand why.

The Outlaw
2nd Nov 2016, 01:49
...and yes, you will get to fly a 777 around the world...100 hours per month to great places like Baghdad, Basra, Erbil, Lagos, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Trivandrum, Chennai, Karachi to name just a few and at night even! I suppose it beats Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane etc.

Don't forget to mention that you can't be a captain until you achieve your 32'nd birthday, the fun you must be having living behind the stables of the Meydan racetrack and the lovely smell of horse piss that comes with it when the wind is right.

Good times!

OMAAbound
2nd Nov 2016, 09:03
Mrs Mangels

I did wonder if he might have been one of the QF boys, haven't they got a few years left on that agreement? One of my friends has just left, he's got a few years left and has moved on to China until he can go back

OMAAbound

Plank Cap
2nd Nov 2016, 10:52
For those of you enjoying the recent recruitment videos, rest assured there are at least two more to come ..... I seem to remember a European chap in the 1930's (you know, the one who invaded Poland...) once said 'no matter how big the lie, repeat it often enough and the people will come to believe it....'

The problem is that most of the new joiners want to believe it.

donpizmeov
2nd Nov 2016, 10:57
And they are no different from the ones that joined before them Planky.

Heathrow09L
2nd Nov 2016, 11:13
What about this one, this guy says despite press reports, Dubai is a great place.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H35X3dmiWoI

too_much
2nd Nov 2016, 18:18
#11 - hilarious post!!!!!!!!

mince
3rd Nov 2016, 13:02
I wonder if he'd rather be getting served up by old mate in the circuit at Dubbo yet!?!?!

xhamster
3rd Nov 2016, 13:29
😩what an incredibe Idiot of Copilot, bull****ting him self his family and everyone else.

100% agreed. Very sad to watch fabricated and scripted BS used as propaganda to suck more idiots in. These videos are pathetic.

GMC1500
3rd Nov 2016, 13:30
yet 14 out of 18 guys failed the sim eval a month ago when my buddy, who also failed, was here to apply.

donpizmeov
3rd Nov 2016, 14:04
I think the ones that can fly don't like the rosters so don't apply.

Jetkopite
3rd Nov 2016, 14:11
I agree the ones who can fly are switched on enough to stay away from this establishment and see past these BS fake scripted ads.

I know many good guys who I directed to QR and told them stay away from EK and all have listened to me and not applied here.. I wouldn't be a good friend if I recommended this airline the way things are at the moment..

fatbus
3rd Nov 2016, 15:41
14 out 18 beats 0 for 16

Ps the sim eval has gotten much easier @ a year ago

scandistralian
3rd Nov 2016, 17:30
The sim eval is now easier? Wasn't it just a circuit and an EFATO?

Eau de Boeing
4th Nov 2016, 01:48
The EFATO is far too challenging to give new recruits these days.....

Apparently talking to a recruitment guy the other day, now if they fail the sim but pass everything else, we will take them.

donpizmeov
4th Nov 2016, 04:30
Which is very unfair on those applying. To be given a job offer. Resign from a job, relocate the family, and then not be successful with the course is life changing.
Unfortunately it is happening more now than before.

puff m'call
4th Nov 2016, 07:01
Very sad the someone will do that crap and not tell it how it really is!

ironbutt57
4th Nov 2016, 08:01
Agreed bloated...there are always the yays and nays, both have valid reasons for their positions...

Pontius
4th Nov 2016, 08:14
I think the production quality of both adverts is appalling. The two guys involved are so blatantly reading straight from a script that it sounds false enough to think they've got a gun held against their heads as they read. Also, I'm no expert but I always thought kite surfing needed a spot of wind (as opposed to VRB/0) and I'm pretty sure surfing involves waves instead of mill pond conditions. If EK are going to try and give any credibility at all to the lies they're selling then they could at least get the very basics correct......and that starts with the believability of the lifestyle that's getting pedalled in these ads.

EY_Airbus
4th Nov 2016, 08:32
Totally agree. The production of these videos are poor. The pilots are talking via script, which is fine, but it doesn't sound genuine at all. It's as if they know they are talking crap (and we know they are).

Jetkopite
4th Nov 2016, 09:01
I wonder if those two guys actually sell EK to their friends like they are trying to sell it to the public?? The 380 guy maybe as life is great there but the 777 guy???? How can you sell these 95-105 hr inhumane rosters through the night to all the ****e holes we fly to with only like 7-8 days off a month???

The Turtle
4th Nov 2016, 09:17
Spot on Don....excellent post

nolimitholdem
4th Nov 2016, 10:51
Which guy left already? PM if don't want to mention publicly. Although, they all have their names in the ads so not sure what the secret would be.

Eau de Boeing
5th Nov 2016, 07:09
If it makes you guys feel any better, some of the spoof videos generated by his mates are absolutely priceless and had me snorting coffee all over my phone.
Have a look in the usual places and you'll find them.

Jetkopite
5th Nov 2016, 08:16
Jetkopite,
You have got to be kidding. QR is better? I know a few there... Absolutely hate the place. Stop spreading crap. Read all the threads on here and open your eyes, the industry sucks now. Get used to it.
How am spreading rumours??? I am going on what my friends there tell me who are there on the 777, 787, 350 and 320s. So the info im giving is not only on one type of fleet.. Their rosters are good and manage to commute home every month, guys on the 777/78 fly to nice destinations with not too many nasty turns as the 320 does those unlike us here doing everything on the 777 with only 7/8 days off a month... Granted Doha isnt the best place to live but generally the guys are happy there...

Sealer please feel free to share what you know about QR...

Plane and simple
5th Nov 2016, 08:55
Sealear is right about one thing. This whole industry sucks.

The good old days are long gone. Treated worse than bus and train drivers now....

Partly because bus and train drivers are not willing to undercut their colleagues pay, and definitely don't pay their employers to work for them.

P2F and LCCs have killed this profession.

By the way, for any young gun hour builders or wide-body wannabes that tell me to leave and make way for them.... Thank you for proving my point.

Jetkopite
5th Nov 2016, 09:11
Sealear is right about one thing. This whole industry sucks.

The good old days are long gone. Treated worse than bus and train drivers now....

Partly because bus and train drivers are not willing to undercut their colleagues pay, and definitely don't pay their employers to work for them.

P2F and LCCs have killed this profession.

By the way, for any young gun hour builders or wide-body wannabes that tell me to leave and make way for them.... Thank you for proving my point.
I agree 100% the industry is terrible and if I had to go back and choose again I would do something else for sure.. As much love as I had for aviation when I was a kid its all gone !!!

Rather Be Skiing
5th Nov 2016, 11:28
I agree 100% the industry is terrible and if I had to go back and choose again I would do something else for sure.. As much love as I had for aviation when I was a kid its all gone !!!

+1

I can't understand why anyone would want to do this for a career these days.

Of course it could just be working in this part of the world. Sometimes I think about working in civilization again and somewhere deep, deep down I feel a glimmer...

Jetkopite
5th Nov 2016, 11:58
+1

I can't understand why anyone would want to do this for a career these days.

Of course it could just be working in this part of the world. Sometimes I think about working in civilization again and somewhere deep, deep down I feel a glimmer...
You could be right, maybe leaving this place will help to fall in love with flying once more and thats what I am in the process of doing.. cant wait to get the F@%k OUT!!!

Kobus Dune
5th Nov 2016, 14:40
maybe leaving this place will help to fall in love with flying once more
As much love as I had for aviation when I was a kid it's all gone !!!

Please be considerate of others and don't call that aviation.

I agree it looks like, you spend some time in an aircraft, you wear a sort of US Navy uniform - which is only for the cockpit and the crew bus - but you also had to pay with your Dad's money to get the job, and then you realize it's always the same month after months, for your whole life, with no prospect to do anything else...
A few manage to survive because they have done something else before, in their previous life, but others, many others - including those ones on those ADs - whaoww, I wouldn't like to be in their shoes....

Pino77
5th Nov 2016, 20:54
What do you mean with this?
In my selection process we were 3 out of 19....and you are saying after this selection lot of people gets busted at the course?

Continental-520
6th Nov 2016, 07:40
Jetkopite,
You have got to be kidding. QR is better? I know a few there... Absolutely hate the place. Stop spreading crap. Read all the threads on here and open your eyes, the industry sucks now. Get used to it.

That's like saying "I know a few who said Trump will be the best president".
You're fighting hearsay with hearsay. All highly subjective and a matter of opinion. So, as far as telling people not to spread crap goes, well, take your own advice! :ugh:

While I'm at it,
But I do agree with you on one thing, as much as I LOVE flying, if I had another chance I'd go and flip burgers instead.

Great news - the chance is still available! Nobody is holding a gun to your head saying you have to stay.
McDonalds will gladly start you off as duty manager too, so you can skip the cleaning and onions/lettuce and go straight to the pass. :ok:

donpizmeov
7th Nov 2016, 07:57
Hang in there sealear. Not everyone over here is an arse hole.

Officer Kite
11th Nov 2016, 22:44
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R80kBwb-968

Is this a series in the making?

nolimitholdem
11th Nov 2016, 23:01
Christ it's like a cancer.

"February 2016". Well, those vast months of experience certainly give a lot to draw on. Yes, the big airplane is fun fun fun! Whee! Especially at O-dark thirty on the way to India!

*shudder*

Seriously, do these kids even know how they sold their soul in these ads? Or will that only become evident with the passage of time?

777-200LR
11th Nov 2016, 23:55
Remember its the "selfie, I can't get enough of myself" generation. Selling their soul for the 15 mins of fame is just part of package. Did I mention how much I love myself?!

xhamster
12th Nov 2016, 02:27
Oh my God...does EK know that these videos make them appear very desperate...stop trying to sell a bull**** lifestyle!

glofish
12th Nov 2016, 03:30
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/1jFq5vFd0CCMSnuOikLiM-ttR9rJbLPpLpes4qerzvrjnHIAqCAtwBWga3lhWGNBa2ql0ko=s97

fliion
12th Nov 2016, 08:02
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R80kBwb-968

Is this a series in the making?

Lol, I hope so. It's actually genuinely entertaining.

Chuckling along with my morning coffee....its lke when 'Narcos' came out, can't wait till the next one.

Mr Good Cat
12th Nov 2016, 09:23
They left out the scene from line training, where she was sharing the flight deck with the assistant deputy CFI who'd just returned from lending his 'experience' to Qatar Airways.

Talparc
12th Nov 2016, 10:40
To me it looks like that she is quite on the edge of the allowed max. BMI value.

Peter Chube
12th Nov 2016, 11:38
Charming...

White Knight
12th Nov 2016, 11:46
My BMI is 34...

Any of you 'girls' have an issue with that?

SilverSeated
12th Nov 2016, 11:48
To me it looks like that she is quite on the edge of the allowed max. BMI value.

Bit off field Talparc!

Tell you what, they are desperately trying to polish and sell the turd that is Dubai!

They should rather run an ad where a new 380 FO stops on SZR to rescue a kitten thats been thrown from a Land Cruisers window and is then arrested cause he caused the following Land Cruiser to swerve and the occupants spilt their coffee.

Officer Kite
12th Nov 2016, 12:14

Hahahahahahahaha

jetjockey696
12th Nov 2016, 13:44
If she can make it.. I think I can make it on my BMI. She a well bred lassie.

Talparc
13th Nov 2016, 09:20
SilverSeated: had a good laugh on your comment, great stuff!
sorry for the twist but that just came to my mind watching this charming lady.