PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone ! Knew to this site and looking to test the water.

xusnatc
3rd Jul 2002, 19:18
Hello everyone. I'm a Controller from the U.S. & I currently work at Washington National Airport. Came across this site and kinda just looking around. How's everyone across the big pond ? :D

bagpuss lives
3rd Jul 2002, 19:50
Hi there and welcome to PPRuNe :D

We don't bite - as a general rule :)

Happy 4th July :)

PETERJ
3rd Jul 2002, 21:13
Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

followme
3rd Jul 2002, 23:54
Wecome. Can I come and work in the US?? I want a green card and more money please :D

xusnatc
4th Jul 2002, 00:39
Come on over Followme. Hell, we got a Brit who works with us here. Every once in a while a pilot will check in (after hearing his voice) "Heathrow Tower UAL616 with ya 6 out".

Are money isn't that great. It's good but not great. :D

Getting a green card shouldn't be that hard. I hear they give them to the Muslim extremist like candy. :mad: :eek:

professor yaffle
4th Jul 2002, 06:49
xusnatc,
welcome to pprune
out of interest thought us lot couldn't get a job stateside in atc as it is government employment?

prof

Standard_Departure
4th Jul 2002, 07:00
Merry Xmas,

Oops, uummmm,,

CUE: Sound of diary pages being searched :

Happy independance day !!!!!!

Welcome.

fish food
4th Jul 2002, 08:17
A word of warning - can be a bit of a soap box for us NATS (UK) happy, jolly, contented, well (over?) paid bods (kidding!)

Enjoy!!!

xusnatc
4th Jul 2002, 15:38
Thanks for all the reply's, and yes we are governement. However, George Bush just signed some crap that now says we are inherently governmental. The writing on the wall show's that he may be thinking about sending us to the private sector. After seeing everyone elses failure in the for profit arena of ATC, I have a hard time understanding why it would even be a thought.

After the September 11th tragedy, we have baggage screeners that are now FEDERAL EMPLOYEE'S. I guess our President is stating that our underwear are more important then the Air Traffic Controllers that get them to their destination safely.

Definition:

An inherently Governmental function is a function, which is so intimately related to the public interest as to mandate performance by Government employees. These functions include those activities, which require either the exercise of discretion in applying Government authority or the use of value judgment in making decisions for the Government.

professor yaffle
4th Jul 2002, 16:34
thanks mate!!

prof

Lieutenant Dan
4th Jul 2002, 18:18
xusnatc, can you get me a Redskins ticket? ;)

xusnatc
4th Jul 2002, 23:40
Lieutenant Dan.........as a matter of fact.......... I can !!

The seats are midfield section 427. Let me know.

;)

Barnaby the Bear
5th Jul 2002, 08:08
Hope your weather is better over there. We have no summer anymore. :mad:

xusnatc
5th Jul 2002, 13:22
The weather here has been great, but this past week has been pure hell. It's been in the 90's all week. The heat index makes it feel like 105.

The only bad part about Maryland is the damn heat during the summer sometimes. It get's so humid and hot that you can cut the air with a knife. I sweat just standing outside talking to someone. :(

canberra
5th Jul 2002, 16:54
im suprised that george w hasnt tried to make you guys military!

5th Jul 2002, 17:29
Talking of military, does that handle mean that you're ex. US Navy?

xusnatc
6th Jul 2002, 18:53
1261...................that's what it means. I was a controller in the Navy for 9 Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong years. :(

6th Jul 2002, 19:45
Afloat or ashore??

xusnatc
8th Jul 2002, 19:23
1261.........................Both ! I was on the USS Forrestal CV-59 (Aircraft Carrier of course...) & then I transferred to Patuxent River Test Facility In Maryland. It was a fun & interesting ride.

8th Jul 2002, 23:09
Good to know; I was at sea with the merchant marine for eight years (driving oil tankers,mainly) before coming into ATC.

FWA NATCA
9th Jul 2002, 02:17
Xusnatc,

You'll also see Scott Voight NSW Safety and myself on here, by the way tell Andy A hello.

Mike R
FWA

StuckMic_com
9th Jul 2002, 03:36
Hello everyone. I'm a Controller from the U.S. & I currently work at Washington National Airport. Came across this site and kinda just looking around.

Hey! I know you! ;) :p

xusnatc
9th Jul 2002, 13:41
FWA NATCA..............How are ya ? Very interesting forum. Just turned on to it about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I will let Andy know you said hello.