PDA

View Full Version : Ex LH 737-500's

JT8D-17
6th Sep 2016, 20:18
I saw a Blue Air 737-500 in BGY this week. The aircraft was ex LH and I was wondering are all the overhead panel switches changed to normal, ie down=on, up=off before the aircraft are sold or leased to other airlines? Otherwise it could get very confusing!

Global_Global
6th Sep 2016, 20:27
well depends on the ehh flexibility of the operator and authorities... :rolleyes:

FlyingStone
7th Sep 2016, 08:58
Makes you curious why Lufthansa REALLY needed the switches to be reversed? Every other single 737 operator was able to adapt appareantly...

4Screwaircrew
7th Sep 2016, 09:53
I don't know about that particular aircraft but all the ex Lufthansa 737-330s that I flew at Channex/Jet2 had all the switches changed.

Denti
7th Sep 2016, 12:59
Makes you curious why Lufthansa REALLY needed the switches to be reversed?

Because back then lufthansa was state owned and all their aircraft had to conform to the relevant official DIN (german industry standard). Which was later on adopted as the european standard in regard to switches as far as i know.

Switching from a standard (us) boeing to a normal airbus the first few months there is a high probability that the lights and other similar switches will be used the wrong way. Seen it happen a lot.