PDA

View Full Version : A32X flight control laws switching

Lantirn
4th Sep 2016, 05:28
Good morning,

We all know the switching conditions in normal law described in FCOM during ground-flight transition and flight-ground transition. The typical cycle in Pitch control is "Ground-Flight-Flare-Ground" with the associated switching conditions.

What is not described as far as I am aware is the Flare-to-Flight transition during a low altitude go around.

Any guru around to explain

Peter G-W
4th Sep 2016, 05:38
TOGA seems to do the business.

Lantirn
4th Sep 2016, 05:49
It's not so simple

TOGA is required for the auto flight system to guide the aircraft during the go around, to kick the engines up and switch the FMGS to G/A mode...

But the aircraft has to satisfy some conditions to switch in flight mode again

Sidestick_n_Rudder
4th Sep 2016, 05:58
I'd guess the transition back to Flight Law is based on RA - couldn't find anything in the manuals though...

Lantirn
4th Sep 2016, 06:27
I'd guess the transition back to Flight Law is based on RA - couldn't find anything in the manuals though...

For sure something with the RA.

If in the schematic the conditions (50ft and 1s passed below 50ft) are self maintained to remain in flare mode, then when above 50ft it could switch to flight mode again...(after some seconds?)

Easy226
4th Sep 2016, 10:45
When the pitch attitude exceeds 8 degrees in ground mode the five seconds begins in which the pitch and lateral controls are blended into flight mode. Cant see anything in the manuals that mentions the flare to flight mode but 8 degrees is a sensible trigger point considering the pitch attitude to aim for in a TOGA 10 manoeuvre. I don't know the actual answer looking quickly in manuals but that's my thought process on it.

vilas
4th Sep 2016, 13:21
Lantirn
In flare mode aircraft remains in normal law where the only difference is it starts pitching down from 30 ft. When you go around as you cross 30 ft. the pitch down stops that's all. What happens if you float below 30 ft. as long as you counter the nose down it remains in normal/flight mode. After take off situation is different where it transits to normal law from direct law.

Lantirn
4th Sep 2016, 20:02
Villas,

Your explanation seems reasonable.

Lantirn
After take off situation is different where it transits to normal law from direct law.

You mean from ground to flight mode. Yes I got your point.