PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen Aerodrome Booklets

Landing_24R
30th Jun 2002, 16:23
Hi,

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to order/buy some aerodrome booklets from Jeppesen? I need the IFR aerodrome charts for 3 aerodromes, but I don't want to fork out for an entire binder when I'll only use the 3 airports. There's nothing on the Jeppesen website about them, and Transair seemed unsure about whether they could help me. I know that a lot of airlines use them, if I write to one of them do you think they would let me buy the ones I need off them? Just a thought, any comments welcome.

Thanks in advance,
Landing_24R

Ennie
30th Jun 2002, 23:07
I know you have said that you wan't Jeppessen booklets, if you can't find any try Racal Avionics (Aerad). I ordered an airport booklet set from them last week for £8.50 - quite reasonable I thought and only a day for delivery.:)

Landing_24R
1st Jul 2002, 06:36
Yes, thanks Ennie, I have used Aerad in the past but I do prefer Jeppesen's.

The man formerly known as
1st Jul 2002, 12:15
Or you could just go straight to the horses mouth and use the free ones from http://www.ais.org.uk/uk_aip/pdf/ad/aipad2.htm.

Never buy an approach chart again. Shame they don't print off A5 with the jepp holes in them but you can't have everything.

englishal
2nd Jul 2002, 12:23
What I want to know, is how come Jeppesen charge around $30 for an IFR manual in the US which covers say the whole of the state of California, complete with en-route charts etc etc etc...yet here for an IFR manual of the UK, which includes far less airports, cost > £150? If you want the NOS ones in the US, they cost about $7...!

I think that we people from europe have 'mug' written all over us!

Cheers
EA;)