PDA

View Full Version : Home to work distance

MJR
28th Jun 2002, 08:34
Having recently obtained all the necessary bits of paper blah, blah, blah I am with a phenominal amount of optimism about to send out a load of CV's with the hope of getting a job. I live in Worcestershire and hence live within relatively close proximety to B'ham, East Midlands, Coventry, Cardiff, Bristol, Heathrow Oh! and Shobdon.

I don't really understand rostering for short haul or Ad hoc operations hence I am unsure whether it is conceivable to consider operating from airports further a field such as Manchester, Liverpool, Bournemouth and Gatwick.

Some online application forms ask whether you would consider moving in order to take up a post. What sort of proximety are they looking for?

cheers

MJR

max_cont
28th Jun 2002, 08:55
Hi MJR.

The company I work for requires you to be within 1:00 hr normal travel time from your assigned base. You can get it extended with special permission from the chief pilot. You also have to be able to get to your base within 1:30 minutes from callout when on standby.

I believe this kind of thing is pretty much the norm in the UK.

Good luck with the job hunt and the correct answer to the question is “of course you’re willing to relocate, only give me the job first”. Forget to mention when you will move. ;)