PDA

View Full Version : Resignation due to fatigue

kungfu panda
24th Mar 2016, 10:22
I know that the subject of fatigue is being beaten to death but under the current circumstances it clearly needs to be.

In my view, if a Pilot hands in his resignation and states that it is due to fatigue then his resignation should be "with immediate effect" and without future prejudice. I understand that this is not good business for Airlines but it is the cost of doing business in a safety environment. Without this rule then the statement that companies make about safety being the first priority is unequivicably untrue.

The.Humble.Guy
24th Mar 2016, 13:34
I know that the subject of fatigue is being beaten to death but under the current circumstances it clearly needs to be.

In my view, if a Pilot hands in his resignation and states that it is due to fatigue then his resignation should be "with immediate effect" and without future prejudice. I understand that this is not good business for Airlines but it is the cost of doing business in a safety environment. Without this rule then the statement that companies make about safety being the first priority is unequivicably untrue.

Couldn't agree more! That makes complete sense.