PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood beckons for us!

crashedandburned
25th Jun 2002, 10:56
Dear Chaps (and chap-ettes),

I'm a struggling screentwriter looking for your help. I am writing a screenplay about the son of a USAF pilot stationed in Frankfurt-am-Main in the 1960's.

A helicopter pilot chum of mine who will remain nameless (thanks Andy!) suggested this website as a good place to start researching.

Unlike some films, which I imagine make you lot cringe and spill valuable beer, I would like to write the the film as accurately as possible. I want to get my facts straight and make pilots watching the film believe the action and dialogue.

Therefore I need the following information;

1. To know which aircraft types were in service as fighter jets at USAF Frankfurt-am-Main in 1960, 1965 and 1970. I'm told the F104 Starfighter is a likely candidate.

2. An idea of the aircaft type in which the pilot (assuming three years of commission served by 1960) would have completed his training.

3. The possible aicraft call-signs/numberings.

4. What would be a likely and authentic exchange of dialogue between pilot and Air Traffic Controller when above jet comes onto approach, finals, lands and taxis to a halt.

Please bear in mind that I am not [yet] a pilot myself - I'm looking to make a believable dialogue in a film. If you spot any fatal flaws in my questioning, please let me know where I'm going wrong!

THE REWARD:

I am in no position to offer money (please refer to above "Struggling screenwriter" statement), but should the script go into production, I hereby promise the following to the person(s) who help(s) me the most with this task;

a) 2 tickets free to the World premier
b) your name in credits as one of the technical consultants
c) great satisfaction at avoiding another "faked" film
c) if you're ever in Amsterdam (where I live), free beers (yes, I am aware of how much you pilot-types can drink!)

That's the deal. Like I said, I want to get this right - accuracy is the key word. If the above questions elude you, perhaps you could point me in the right direction? Many thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

James Allen

END OF APPEAL:cool: :D :