PDA

View Full Version : A320 - New after start procedure

sharpshooter41
2nd Dec 2015, 17:42
A new OEB requires switching Off and then On the SEC 1& 2 in the After Start procedure.

Can someone throw light on this new procedure??

sonicbum
2nd Dec 2015, 18:39
Can someone throw light on this new procedure??

The OEB Itself can.

LandASAP
2nd Dec 2015, 21:21
Maintenance Test revealed that a certain SEC Part Number on newer MSNs might be not able to take over Elevator Control in case of ELAC Fault.

Resetting SECs after Engine Start should avoid that problem.

I-2021
3rd Dec 2015, 05:47
The A320 family aircraft are fitted with three SEC. Two of them (SEC 1 and SEC 2) endure the redundancy to control the elevators, in case both ELAC fail.
With the introduction of SEC C, a new hardware standard, analysis of maintenance reports has shown occurrences of inhibition of the capacity of control of the elevators by the SEC.
Nevertheless, on the F/CTL System page, the SEC boxes remain green, and no ECAM warning is triggered.
A systematic reset of both SEC 1 and SEC 2 one after the other, after both engine start, will ensure the full functionality of the SEC.

Source : OEB50 issue 1

sharpshooter41
3rd Dec 2015, 06:09
@landasap / I-2021. Thanks

@ sonicbum. Pl. write if you have something to contribute

Amadis of Gaul
3rd Dec 2015, 22:19
He did, he told you to read the OEB itself which discusses the issue rather well.

nnc0
8th Dec 2015, 02:29
The truth of the matter is the new SECs are simply too fast.

It was explained to me in simpletons terms - They send a signal to check the ELAC response but the delay for a response from the ELACs is too quick - before the ELAC have even responded. In not getting a signal, the SECs think the ELACs are offline and not available. The reset after powering up the second engine reinitiates the test when the ELACs are online.

The SB to fix the problem is already available and it's a simple software download.