PDA

View Full Version : PT6-20 RPMs and torque issue

skydivemexico
28th Nov 2015, 22:06
Hi everyone,
I am running out of ideas in order to fix my problema with a PT6-20 turboprop engine. Please, I will appraciate if someone can guide me in a good direction. Here the description of the problema:
The engine starts normally, all parameters are within the range. However, whenI increase the power (torque), the propeller RPMs does not increase as expected. For intance, with a Ng of 50% my RPMs stabilize at 1500. I thought that it was the governor, but I sent it to overhault and the problema is still there. I also checked the propeller itself and the prop. looks right. Could it be a specific adjustment? The FCU? Other issue I am not considering?
Additional information. Some months ago I taxi the plane in the runway. After acceleration I lower the power and when trying to reverse, the engine instead of reversing accelerated, giving me the only option of cutting the fuel lever since the runway was getting consumed.
In other workds, my propeller is not following the engine. My torque increase but my RPMs does not increase as expected.
Thanks for your help !
BR.
Manuel

Car RAMROD
28th Nov 2015, 23:44
Sounds like it needs to be re-rigged.