PDA

View Full Version : A300b4

Airbusser
19th Jun 2002, 15:08
Hi Guys,

I am looking to reach all you guys with experience (past/presence /future, pilot, engineer, mechanic...) on this beautiful Aircraft.

How does it fly, what are its advantages/disadvantages, what is there to know about the aircraft, History,.................

Thanks a lot....:cool:

9gmax
19th Jun 2002, 19:07
Airbusser...
easy........pay a visit to TNT Operations in Liege and they will tell you....A300B4 still being used by them...
regards

http://www.tnt-airways.be

Airbusser
20th Jun 2002, 14:28
I knew that one......

I am looking for pilots here who are actually flying that airplane!

The Sandman
30th Jun 2002, 11:04
Flies great, bit slow, bit low, but all in all not too bad for a first run out of the box for Airbus. Nice and steady on approach in turbulence (everything's relative I guess). Bit tough to get SMOOTH landings out on account of long gear legs. Brake problems seem endemic to the type. Autoflight system bit of a snakepit till you get used to it. Open pitch mode can and has gotten a few guys in the **** if not watched.
Not bad, but strictly limited to the regional market, something which has figured in the recent A300 contraction in Europe. Not flexible enough to be used for really longer hauls. Up the fuel load for range, and the freight load gets really unreasonable fast.. Bout 5 hours max range, or thereabouts with reasonable load.
Nice to have FE, and FE's position designed as a retirement position. Best job in aviation.