PDA

View Full Version : A question..

desert goat
18th Jun 2002, 03:25
Hi everyone,
I am a high school student doing a research project on sexism in the aviation industry, and I thought it would be a good start if I found out if anyone here has any thoughts on the topic, or if anyone has had any problems with discrimination since they started working in the industry. Can anyone help? Is there a problem? If so, is it more prevalent in some areas of the industry than others? Have any women pilots out there had significant problems getting a job because of your gender?
If anyone could offer any thoughts/comments, (or links to any other threads that have covered this before), it would be appreciated.

HugMonster
18th Jun 2002, 08:56
Well, as far as the answer to your first question in the poll is concerned, my answer is "Yes"! :D

I think you need to rethink your questions just a little.

redsnail
18th Jun 2002, 17:21
Desert goat,
Yes, female.
Significant discrimination? No.
Subtle discrimination? Little bit. Not from the employers, occassionally from so called colleagues. I just did the job and they came onside no problems. Some pax used to get a tad nervous if they realised a female was flying. However, their wives would shut them up.
Occassionally I'd be mistaken for the flight attendant which usually made me laugh.
All in all, in Australia, I didn't find any difficulty in getting a job because of my gender.
So far, none seen in the UK either.

tomcs
18th Jun 2002, 21:08
Um....I think you need to rethink your questions a little bit!!

The first one doesn't even start to make sense!!!

Tom

Gin Slinger
21st Jun 2002, 00:38
I love it! Now, how often do you beat your wife?