PDA

View Full Version : Uk Rnav Sids

jumpseater
12th Jun 2002, 04:55
I have just heard that the RNAV sids at MAN and LTN have been withdrawn from use, is anyone able to explain why?

Mister Slot
12th Jun 2002, 09:49
The story I heard was that it is purely political - a silly argument about "ownership" of the trial. Bloody childish if you ask me!!

The sooner they are re-introduced the better. The RNAV departures significantly reduce pilot workload during a critical phase of flight and have proven to enhance noise abatement track keeping.

Euroc5175
14th Jun 2002, 19:42
All RNAV procedures other than B-RNAV ones have been withdrawn as a result of an ATSIN (ATS Information Notice) issued by ATS Standards Department at SRG, CAA.

The P-RNAV procedures that this effects include the P-RNAV SIDs at Luton and the P-RNAV trials in Scottish and Manchester. The P-RNAV procedures are designed in accordance with the Eurocontrol Guidance material and comply with the assumptions of JAA's Temporary Guidance Leaflet 10.

It is unclear as to why the procedures were withdrawn. However, recent indications suggest that work is underway within certain parts of the CAA to get the trials re-instated as soon as possible. Rumour also suggests that a P-RNAV trial could be introduced for Heathrow arrivals in the not too distant future.

Warped Factor
14th Jun 2002, 21:36
The Heathrow trials being for the very early morning arrivals as I understand it, to try and make less noise.

WF.