PDA

View Full Version : BMI baby new base

HOODED
8th Jun 2002, 18:24
Heard that BMI Baby's new base will be announced in a couple of weeks. Seems MAN is currently favourite, but with LPL and EMA so close is this wise?

Any thoughts?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's dificult to soar with eagles when you work for turkeys!

ajamieson
9th Jun 2002, 16:36
I think this has been debated here before, but my money would be on LBA.

flyingfrog
9th Jun 2002, 20:20
Man has been mentioned, but also Bournemouth and Teeside are strong possibilities.

Anouncement due by end of June.

Hugh Jorgen
10th Jun 2002, 07:59
I seem to wait my entire life awaiting announcements from BMI:D

Don't hold your breath!!

stalling attitude
10th Jun 2002, 20:08
rumour has it that they have been sniffing around cardiff too

MD11FAN
10th Jun 2002, 20:48
Have heard from a good source of info.(works at EMA) that next base will be LBA (MME possible). This would make sense as both are current and long established BMI operating bases.

ray
11th Jun 2002, 18:49
heard Bournemouuth seem a good bet

2 flights for winter

7 next summer

time will tell

HOODED
18th Jun 2002, 22:47
Interesting! My money would be on LBA or MME with MAN as an outside chance. LBA because Yorkshire is under-served by LCA but BMI mainstream operate many routes ex LBA. MME as it could serve Leeds/Newcastle area and they would probably get a good deal on fees. MAN because of the huge potential, but with EMA and LPL close by it would be risky. Time will tell! Good luck to them wherever they choose, and if it is LBA make sure the CAT 3 is working!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's dificult to soar with eagles when you work for turkeys!

FlyMME
18th Jun 2002, 23:19
I may be biased but i hope its MME. It already has strong links with BMI as they have operated here for years. Also has a large catchment area going as far north as NCL and as far south as Leeds.