PDA

View Full Version : loss of control/ upset recovery course

pull and push
23rd Mar 2015, 17:52
I am currently looking into writing a loss of control/upset recovery course for both GA and airline pilots. As part of this I'm trying to ascertain the current situation in terms of approvals and formal course content needed for such a course. Most, if not all of the current courses seem to be based on the FAA recommendations and the situation re approvals seems obscure.

I know its still early days in terms of upset recovery, but given it is proposed that the multi pilot license is to include elements of upset recovery I imagine courses will need to be approved for this?

Is anyone able to shed any light on these issues?

Any responses much appreciated

Whopity
23rd Mar 2015, 20:36
All training for EASA licences and ratings must be conducted at an ATO and be approved. The syllabi and content for such courses are contained in the AMC and GM to Part FCL (https://easa.europa.eu/system/files/dfu/AMC%20and%20GM%20to%20Part-FCL.pdf#)
The ATO will write a Training Manual detailing the training they will give on their approved courses. Upset training is usually as agreed between the ATO and the sponsor.

If you wish to produce an extra curricular course that is not part of the licence or rating issue process then it would fall outside the approval process if the candidate is a qualified pilot.

MPL courses are only conducted at ATOs approved to conducted Integrated Training and would normally produce their own course material.

nick14
23rd Mar 2015, 21:31
I assume this is a business idea?

Just be aware that EASA are going to publish the rules and AMC for UPRT soon mainly in reference to the CPL and Type courses. Have a look on their website for the NPA.

The other issues you will come accross are the facilities needed to carry out the training. If it is for airline pilots it will need to be conducted on a level D device with the UPRT software. The working group cited that 90% of the UPRT programme should be on Prevention. The use of aerobatic aircraft for airline pilots was not beneficial.

For the light aircraft pilot it can be very useful, I did mine as part of my aerobatic course.