PDA

View Full Version : Bose A20 AUX and iPhone?

ChickenHouse
16th Mar 2015, 14:24
Has somebody coupled an iPhone to a Bose A20 via AUX cable, is that a Stereo Audio connection only, or is it a three contact plug with connection to the mic?

EchoSierra
16th Mar 2015, 15:39
No connection to the mic, the only thing you can do with the AUX is play audio through it - music, traffic alerts from a GPS etc.

To make calls you have to have the bluetooth headset. Works very well too, managed to call a friend from 4000' over IOM a few weeks back and it was crystal clear for both of us!

ES

EDIT: forgot to mention, no matter what you're doing ATC transmissions will still be heard - you can set it so that it either plays at the same volume as the input, or so that radio transimissions always over ride whatever else is playing which is what i leave it set to.

150 Driver
16th Mar 2015, 15:47
'managed to call a friend from 4000' over IOM a few weeks back and it was crystal clear for both of us!'

Why ?

One of the reasons I learned to fly was to escape the scourge of always being available by mobile phone

Please don't let's go down this route.

thing
16th Mar 2015, 16:12
One of the reasons I learned to fly was to escape the scourge of always being available by mobile phoneI agree, it's one of the few activities I take part in where everyone knows not to bother ringing me. Not that I would be able to hear them anyway. 'Freedom' as Mel Gibson once opined. I look in wonder at the adverts for headsets with bluetooth capability. We fly to get away from all that bolleaux surely.

Amblikai
23rd Mar 2015, 14:35
Just curious... in the A20 (or any headset with Bluetooth), how is the audio handled when on the phone, if you need to talk to ATC?

Would the person on the other end of the phone hear everything said to and by ATC?

Hot and Hi
20th Jul 2015, 18:06
...how is the audio handled when on the phone, if you need to talk to ATC?

Would the person on the other end of the phone hear everything said to and by ATC?
"To ATC" yes; "by ATC" yes.
no matter what you're doing ATC transmissions will still be heard - you can set it so that it either plays at the same volume as the input, or so that radio transimissions always over ride whatever else is playing which is what i leave it set to.
While with an incoming ATC transmission the Bluetooth (cell phone) audio is somewhat muted, I still found it rather distracting and difficult to make out what ATC is saying while the other party to the phone continues to ramble on regardless.

worldoffe
25th Aug 2015, 19:00
Hey guys!

Can any of you A20 users confirm, that its not possible to regulate the volume of an AUX audio source with the A20 Volume Control (or is it ONLY to regulate intercom volume)?

Thanks!

dagowly
25th Aug 2015, 20:25
Only from the device itself. Bluetooth keeps thing so much more simple although it kills battery life.