PDA

View Full Version : C340 Differences Training

Pilot Paul
6th Jun 2002, 22:33
Any of you instructor types know where in the UK I could get differences training to allow me to fly a Cessna 340, and roughly how much this might cost? I currently fly a Beech Duchess, but I understand that under JAR "differences" training may be required for the C340 since it has turbo-charged engines and pressurisation, neither of which I have used before...

TIA

Paul (CPL/IR)

IRRenewal
7th Jun 2002, 21:27
There is no minimum requirement for the differences training you require to fly a C340. As long as you can find a ME rated instructor who has been signed of him/herself for the specific differences the C340 has and you can get him/her to sign your logbook stating you can master these differences you are in business. Most instructors would obviously like to fly with you to make sure before they sign.

Regards

Noggin
7th Jun 2002, 23:23
Differences training is only required for the Turbochargers and Pressurisation. The C340 requires "familiarisation" which is unspecified, and does not require any sign up.

flyboy2
9th Jun 2002, 21:29
Pity you can't zoom over to sunny South Africa -where I can teach you the differences !

Happy landings:)

big pistons forever
14th Jun 2002, 18:55
I would recommend you insist on somebody with lots of time on Cessna pressurized twins. There are a lot of operator tips that an experienced driver can pass on that will pay dividends ,particularly with respect to engine handling. The absolute best way would be to take the Flight Safety or SIMCOM initial training courses.

flyboy2
14th Jun 2002, 20:07
Yes I agree that a current -on-Cessna pressurised twin Instructor would be the most desirable to do the training.
That's exactly why I light-hearted said " zoom over to sunny South Africa where I can teach the differences " Am current.

Compare Flight Safety costs with air ticket to S.Africa, accomodation & training & one could also be a tourist for a short while. The British pound is worth 15 times more than the South African currency- what a bargain !!

When ready contact me.

Stan Evil
15th Jun 2002, 14:13
Pilot Paul, a quick question. Have got access to a 340 and are just looking for an instructor or do you need to find an aircraft as well? If you have the aircraft then find an air taxi firm in southern UK that operates any of the Cessna 340/400 series aircraft and ask their CRE/CRI. If you need an aircraft, use the CAA's G-INFO database to track down the UK registered ones and contact the owning companies. There are N-reg 340s in the UK but I don't know how you're going to trace them.